The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Pacific Rush - show us your stockpile

Dave in KY

Shave Newbie
I missed the Pacific Rush bandwagon when it went thru. Took my mom to some junk shops in between work and came out with 4 so I'll be able to try this now

I have half a bottle left!
1f625.png
1f625.png
And it is a shame!

I have one lonely bottle about 3/4 or 2/3 full but it is absolutely great stuff. They have a balm on the bay that has the same scent listed but I want the liquid!

OK, you asked for it.

I originally purchased 20 of these bottles when I found them on clearance at Big Lots. Have 9 left.

This 12 oz Cholula bottle has 2 bottles dumped into it, because I needed two of the above bottles, to pour other aftershaves into for PIFs. That means I have 11 bottles left, so I’ve PIFd 9 of them away so far. The other bottle below is the old style bottle with the pull off top, rather than the new screw cap.

Also have 3 of the balm left. Not sure how many of those I started with, but I’ve PIFd a few of those as well.

I have around half a bottle of the splash. I also have the balm. It is mostly full.

I used to have a few more, but gave away some. I'm not an overly huge fan of the balm. Everytime I put it on it makes my face sting like splashing on Florida Water after a bad shave. It's not a sensitivity issue...it just stings! Now the splash...that's some good stuff!

Being new, can someone explain why the Pacific Rush is so good? I gather they don't make it anymore?

It's discontinued. You used to be able to buy it at Dollar General for under $2. The thing that makes it great is the menthol content. With the exception of things like Osage Rub or Alcoholado Glacial, it has the highest menthol content of any commercially available aftershave. Many of the current artisans have gone above and beyond that now with a few of their products, but this used to be about as strong as you could get without making it yourself.

...............in addition to what KJ explained so well is that if someone says there's something you can't get anymore, WE HAVE TO PROVE THEM WRONG, and GET IT !!! ??

...............in addition to what KJ explained so well is that if someone says there's something you can't get anymore, WE HAVE TO PROVE THEM WRONG, and GET IT !!!
1f61c.png
1f602.png

One stinking bottle left and all the sources i used previously are out. I am constantly searching locally and not as hard on the net for more though.

One stinking bottle left and all the sources i used previously are out. I am constantly searching locally and not as hard on the net for more though.
Craig had a source that if you bought a case of 6 worked out to about $3 a bottle shipped I think or somewhere around that

Craig had a source that if you bought a case of 6 worked out to about $3 a bottle shipped I think or somewhere around that

I checked there a couple times after and it showed out of stock but i am hopeful that more will come available soon.

Back