The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

PAA alternatives

novicewetshaver

Sr. Shave Member
i was looking for some alternatives to some of the PAA soaps that i have, would anyone know of good alternatives to Atomic age bay, cavendish, hotel cecil, diver down, and club guy, really like these scents. if anyone has alternatives to theses please send them my way thanks.

Barrister & Mann’s bay rum soap and splash is excellent.

Fine’s Clubhouse is a nice Canoe / Clubman homage soap

Out of curiosity, why are you looking for alternatives?

Last edited:
Hotel Cecil is an homage to Burma Shave (scent-wise). Don't know anyone else out there making a soap / splash with that scent. Diver Down is an homage to Seaforth Spiced. Spearhead Shaving has reissued the original Spiced along with Heather and Sea Spice Lime (excellent BTW)

No ideas for Cavendish.. Haven't used it but I assume there are many artisans out there making a pipe tobacco scented soap.

Barrister & Mann’s bay rum soap and splash is excellent.

Fine’s Clubhouse is a nice Canoe / Clubman homage soap

Out of curiosity, why are you looking for alternatives?
well, ive had trouble with hotel cecil since i first got it. i contacted doug over at paa and he was giving me the run around as to why he couldnt exchange it out. its the only one i really have trouble lathering. i was trying to explain to him it doesnt build a lather like the other ones do, to which he replied he has had zero reports of this. it would have been all good if he would have he decided to send me another puck, its the first one i have had trouble with, but he didnt seem intrested in working anything out but rather putting the onus on my lathering skills.

Lame. Years ago a cadre member had an issue with a soap from a different company. Again, instead of taking like a $15 loss, they argued about it and didn’t replace. Word spreads fast is all I have to say.

Lame. Years ago a cadre member had an issue with a soap from a different company. Again, instead of taking like a $15 loss, they argued about it and didn’t replace. Word spreads fast is all I have to say.
true, i have around 6 of his soaps as well, i got all this stuff pre-cadre, and never once have i had an issue. ah well, he can keep his damn soap.

Back