The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Online Restaurants - Nationwide Delivery

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
So a while ago - my youngest son Jack and I had a hankering for some Chicago deep dish pizza - so we found this service that delivered nationwide. Now let me say this…….pizza is ALWAYS good IMO, but after having Brooklyn pizza live and in person……that is the standard for me. So when we received our order, I was stoked - but it didn’t end up living up to the expectations. I have always wondered - because it was frozen first - if it wasn’t great because of that.

So - Should I try again? My son introduced me to a pizza review Youtube channel (that I normally wouldn’t follow - but this is bonding - so I will follow it)…..and we found another Brooklyn pizza place that looks interesting…I am sure we will visit in person- but should I get one sent - just to say we had it - or do you think having a frozen version will be the same result - pizza is always good - but it isn’t the best representation than being in person?

What say you?

Perhaps one of those personal pizza ovens like the Noomi ( I think that's it) would ensure the pizza is cooked closer to how they are supposed to be.

If you have a convection oven....you can make a frozen pizza taste like its oven fresh.

Yeah, as a New Yorker, I’m going to have to say that it won’t be the same unless you get it right from the place. I’ve seen pies go downhill just on the car ride home. Also, I’m skeptical about any sort of frozen pizza. If you’re making it yourself and then baking it in your own pizza oven maybe, but yeah probably not going to be as good. Just make a trip up to the City to visit us up here!

Yeah, as a New Yorker, I’m going to have to say that it won’t be the same unless you get it right from the place. I’ve seen pies go downhill just on the car ride home. Also, I’m skeptical about any sort of frozen pizza. If you’re making it yourself and then baking it in your own pizza oven maybe, but yeah probably not going to be as good. Just make a trip up to the City to visit us up here!
I think my son and I have an excuse to go for a road trip……we’ll swing up to NY for a slice at Di Fara’s for lunch (we‘ve had Juliana’s and Grimaldis and loved them both) and then down to Philly for a Dalessandros cheese steak. I always told my kids - we are a Pat’s King of Steaks family (to this day I have never had a Gino’s cheesesteak).….but since my son is now an adult - I confessed to him that the best cheese steak I ever had was when I was 10 and my dad took me to my first Phillies game……and we went to the hole in the wall place - and had the best cheese steak ever. So we have committed to finding that place……Dalessandros is first up 😂

Plus - going back to NYC gives me a chance to swing by Pasteurs!

Back