The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Old Spice Clones still in production

OpusX

TSC’s Master of Warp Cores, Alchemy, Ale, & Cider
Many years ago now there used to be the awesome Ivy Club Spice aka Family Dollar "old spice" clone. Darn near spot on Shulton clone, made by Vi-Jon, and cheap to boot. I know Meijers grocery I think was the last place to have it. So the question now is who still makes a current production "Spice" aftershave?

Haven’t looked for it in years, but CVS uses to carry it as well.

Im sure there’s plenty of artisans making a version, but as far as production... I’m not sure.

I just prefer to look for the real thing... it’s usually cheaper!

I just prefer to look for the real thing... it’s usually cheaper!
Yeah me too, but something about having several empty decanters made me think of "refills" and then "clones". Considering the Ivy/Yacht Club, Vi-Jon stuff is about $10/bottle on fleabay you are right on price. Real vintage Shulton isn't that far away on price.

Fred's was the place I found my last bottles of store brand old spice Vi-Jon ( I bought like 6 or 8 bottles ) they were less than 3 dollars a bottle if I remember correctly.

Yeah me too, but something about having several empty decanters made me think of "refills" and then "clones".
Just remember which ones have the good stuff, and which ones have the cheap stuff on them!

Back