The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Occams razor

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
Ok i have seen some talk of these. What are they and any thoughts on them please... Thanks

I believe they are an AC style SE razor. I don't have any experience with them but i know a couple folks around here have/have used one.

There are currently two versions of the Occam SE razor (soon to be three). The original one was Occam's Razor. This I did not like because the guard jutted out too far ad there was a floating blade, both which made getting a close shave very hard to do no matter which top plate you had. the second version (which is the one GearNoir reviewed) was called the OREN, which came out very shortly after the original one. This one had a shorter guard, almost acknowledging that there was a problem with the original guard design. It did retain the floating head though, which I think was the real problem with these designs. The Feather AC blades are long and flexible and required the razor to evenly clamp the blade for rigidity. While the OREN gave a closer shave, it was not a lasting one. There is a new Occam's razor called the Enoch which they are taking pre order right now to be released in a couple of months and this design looks more promising by providing rigid support to the blade much like the old Asylum RX or Kind Cobra. I would wait for that one as the previous two, I ditched within a month of getting them.

There are currently two versions of the Occam SE razor (soon to be three). The original one was Occam's Razor. This I did not like because the guard jutted out too far ad there was a floating blade, both which made getting a close shave very hard to do no matter which top plate you had. the second version (which is the one GearNoir reviewed) was called the OREN, which came out very shortly after the original one. This one had a shorter guard, almost acknowledging that there was a problem with the original guard design. It did retain the floating head though, which I think was the real problem with these designs. The Feather AC blades are long and flexible and required the razor to evenly clamp the blade for rigidity. While the OREN gave a closer shave, it was not a lasting one. There is a new Occam's razor called the Enoch which they are taking pre order right now to be released in a couple of months and this design looks more promising by providing rigid support to the blade much like the old Asylum RX or Kind Cobra. I would wait for that one as the previous two, I ditched within a month of getting them.
Thanks for the info

Yes I used the razor on loan from @The Monkey. To sum up my overall thoughts from what I remember:

- Good AC style shaver
- Only used the 2-dot plate (other options are 1-dot mild and 3-dot as most aggressive), still felt pretty mild
- The way the blade was held felt a little iffy at first, but by the final time I had used it it was comfortable and I’d had no issues. It actually allows the blade to flex a little bit during the shave, which was comfortable as long as you were careful.
- Not the best AC style razor IMO (that still goes to the General currently) but not a bad one either

Back