The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

NFL 2019

Luck's retirement is big news.
My team is the Eagles. They're as good as any team in the NFC and I expect them to win the East. But if they don't win the Super Bowl, I just hope it's anyone but New England (and Dallas, of course).

Luck's retirement is big news.
My team is the Eagles. They're as good as any team in the NFC and I expect them to win the East. But if they don't win the Super Bowl, I just hope it's anyone but New England (and Dallas, of course).
Being from the Philly area I wholeheartedly endorse this entire post

I'm honestly not a big NFL guy. I always support the home team and it looks as if the Saints might have a killer team this year. I am VERY interested in seeing what the Browns can do with some of my favorite LSU players on the roster. Come on...Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham, Jr. starting at the same time? I don't think Baker Mayfield could have better targets. Plus they drafted Greedy Williams at Corner and I am super excited to see him play at the NFL level.

Always love watching Tyrann Mathieu wherever he is. KC will be interesting to watch.

I am also very interested to see how Darius Guice and Lenord Fornette do this year if they can stay healthy.

I'm honestly not a big NFL guy. I always support the home team and it looks as if the Saints might have a killer team this year. I am VERY interested in seeing what the Browns can do with some of my favorite LSU players on the roster. Come on...Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham, Jr. starting at the same time? I don't think Baker Mayfield could have better targets. Plus they drafted Greedy Williams at Corner and I am super excited to see him play at the NFL level.

Always love watching Tyrann Mathieu wherever he is. KC will be interesting to watch.

I am also very interested to see how Darius Guice and Lenord Fornette do this year if they can stay healthy.
If not for Alshon Jeffery's drop and Dee Ford's fingers, the Eagles woulda beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. 😊

NY Giants fan here (since the sucky 70s which makes our last few seasons actually look good!). I'm thinking that a .500 season might be within our grasp, but would not be surprised if we only won 5-6 games as we're changing up just about everything and everyone everywhere.

Let's just say that the next 2-3 years look to be more promising than the last 2-3 for Big Blue.

Here's the longest PIF for the worst prize. I'll send a shave soap that stinks to the person who guesses which team stinks this season. Guess which team earns the #1 draft pick and the person who's closest gets an Arko!

My pick is Tampa. Any my Super Bowl pick once again is Eagles over Chargers.

Here's the longest PIF for the worst prize. I'll send a shave soap that stinks to the person who guesses which team stinks this season. Guess which team earns the #1 draft pick and the person who's closest gets an Arko!

My pick is Tampa. Any my Super Bowl pick once again is Eagles over Chargers.
I have enough Arko I don;t like, but I like the Super Bowl Pick ;) (y)

Oh you Eagles fans! When will you learn? I'm going with Cardinals as the worst team this year. And I am going with Sam @woodpusher 's pick...Saints over Chiefs in the Super Bowl!

Jets fan here. A realistic Jets fan. One who has been a fan since going to games as a kid at Shea Stadium. And watching management just fall on their faces trying to field a worthy team. The Sack Exchange was fun to watch but frustrating as heck with Todd and O'Brien unable to deliver. I'm hoping Darnold can build on what he did last year. But he needs an offensive line to give him the protection he deserves. And we'll see what Le'Veon Bell can do for the offense. There are some bright spots so we'll see.

Oh you Eagles fans! When will you learn?
Let me take you back to a magical time. It was February 4 in the year 2018 AD. A far off place called Minnesota. A large building designed to make one think of a viking ship. A legendary leader and the strategist in his ear, some say the best duo of all time, defeated by a young foe, a replacement, and his friends who were given zero chance of success at the beginning of their journey. A rectangular field, unsullied by any black and gold... 😁
And let us not speak of the unfortunate meeting between our winged heroes and the scoundrels of the Fleur de lis this winter past.

And now that the Jets' first game of the season is behind us, looking at that fiasco of a game where they just gave the game to Buffalo, I can say all hope is lost. That just might be one of the ugliest losses the Jets may have ever had, and the list of them is long indeed. A sad day for Jets fans. But then again, most days are sad days for Jets fans. Eventually you become numb to it all. And yet, we continue to hang around, gluttons for punishment. The horror. The horror.

No Andy Reid-coached team will ever win the Super Bowl. Each half would have to have an extra two minutes for that to be a possibility.

Ok, I've got Don with the Cardinals and Sam with the Dolphins as worst team of the year. Did I miss anyone? Anyone else want to enter? Cutoff for entries is midnight Saturday.

Well...the cardinals were beat by the raiders so I think I am off to a great start!

Ooh...but the Dolphins were humiliated by the Ravens. This might be a good one to see who is worse!

Back