The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Newbie from Mt. Pleasant SC

I have the medium Henson, and it’s still a bit too mild for my tastes, and I’m a huge fan of mild razors. The geometry is also weird, it’s unlike any other DE.

In my opinion, if you want a mild razor, save up for the Feather AS-D2. I waited years to get one, and from the first shave I wished I’d just started with that one. It’s perfect.

Welcome!!
Don't be shy to ask questions. Everyone is very helpful but if you need help navigating the forums, the Concierges are here to help. Have fun.

Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if you ever want to part ways with your Henson. That said, I see it is currently sellling at around $70.00 U.S. that’s way above my price range at the moment.
Just saw this. I’ll shoot you a PM.

Good morning all,

I used to DE shave over 12 years ago. I ended up getting a subscription to Dollar shave club. 12 years later I decided to ditch the cartridge razor and go back to DE shaving.
A few weeks ago I grabbed a Vander Hagen DE razor from my local Target. After doing some research, I think I am going to purchase a Henson AL13 Med. From what I’ve read, the mild is VERY mild.
Right now it is a matter of funds. Gonna have to save my Pennie’s.
the Vanderhagen blades, IMO, are garbage. At least for me. I’m going to order some Astra Platinum from Amazon and see how they do. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Adam
Henson sells a blade made by RK that they claim is specified to the exact tolerances of the razor. I'm a little dubious about what this means in practice since a DE blade is already pretty darned well specified. But they are available from Henson if you're curious.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Henson sells a blade made by RK that they claim is specified to the exact tolerances of the razor. I'm a little dubious about what this means in practice since a DE blade is already pretty darned well specified. But they are available from Henson if you're curious.

I have the Henson Al+++ and it came with 100 RK blades. They do a good job but I still lean towards Gillette platinum. Feel similar but I get a fourth shave from Gillette and only three from RK. I do love the Henson aggressive though.

I have the Henson Al+++ and it came with 100 RK blades. They do a good job but I still lean towards Gillette platinum. Feel similar but I get a fourth shave from Gillette and only three from RK. I do love the Henson aggressive though.
I had the AL13 from pretty early, but passed it on to my sister when I got the Titanium. She loves it. It was a little light for me. I like the Gillette Platinum blades as well.

Good morning all,

I used to DE shave over 12 years ago. I ended up getting a subscription to Dollar shave club. 12 years later I decided to ditch the cartridge razor and go back to DE shaving.
A few weeks ago I grabbed a Vander Hagen DE razor from my local Target. After doing some research, I think I am going to purchase a Henson AL13 Med. From what I’ve read, the mild is VERY mild.
Right now it is a matter of funds. Gonna have to save my Pennie’s.
the Vanderhagen blades, IMO, are garbage. At least for me. I’m going to order some Astra Platinum from Amazon and see how they do. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Adam
Welcome to the Cadre!

Back