The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New upcoming releases

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Hello Cadre

Let me get the negative stuff out of the way first.

I’m sorry I haven’t been on here very much lately as I’ve been dealing with some health issues for the last 45 days and in and out of both the Doctors office a few times and the hospital twice. An I’ve missed a good deal of work which has me playing catch up. I now have 5 vendors and they’ve all placed orders I’ve been trying to fill for weeks. Last weekend at this time I was in the hospital for 4 days so that only put me further behind schedule. Well I’ve been working my tail off since getting out and I’m finally starting to make headway filling those orders and I have 3 brand new releases coming very soon. In fact as soon as my vendors get their orders we will all launch together.

So one thing to note is that from now on when launching a new Aroma most of the time their will be 4 products in the scent with the exception of the Roll On Shave Sticks. So there will be a Shave Soap or Shave Creme, a matching Skin Food Splash, a Non - Alcohol Skin Food Lotion and a Revitalizing Face Serum. Both the Skin Food Lotion and Revitalizing Serum are brand new formulas that was a collaboration between myself, a good friend of mine who’s one of the top certified Cosmetic Chemists in both hair and skin care and a top level ingredient company. These new formulas have some technically advanced and brand new state of the art ingredients in them. I’ll embellish on them another time as to not make this thread a novel.

So here’s the 3 new sets that will be out very soon.

Sandalo Artistico
Sandalwood is the main message in this Aroma Blend with 65% of the aromatic ingredients being 60% authentic East Indian Sandalwood with 5% vintage 1960 Mysore Sandalwood oil. To keep costs down I also used two Mysore Sandalwood accords that make up another 15% of the Aroma Blend.

320B30A0-571B-4FB7-9057-55B644BF5D5D.jpeg

Next up is Bay Rum which actually features the 4 products with a 5th thrown in. The set of four products labeled simply Bay Rum are from my handmade blend that I infused for over 4 months and the 5th named Tortola is aTropical Bay Rum Skin Food Splash that was also from another handmade infusion I made at the same time. I may in the spring add some other products with the Tropical blend but for now just the Splash. An it works well with the Bay Rum Shave Soap which is the new F Base, which features two brand new ingredients that again I’ll speak more on at another time.

1AFD774E-8CF5-435C-A19C-142516527A8B.jpeg

Here’s the Tortola
AA3EEC49-6935-4E4D-A739-84C63133D48F.jpeg

Last but not least is “ Bergamotto “ and it was inspired by my two favorite Bergamot Colonges ADP Bergamotto Di Calabria and Le Labo Bergamotto 22 but instead of using Aroma chemicals as both Colognes do I used Essential Oils and a side note. I have family in Calabria Italy on my mothers side and as some may know the best Bergamot in the world comes from Calabria so my cousin who I asked if he could get me some of the fresh fruits informed me that they are not in season until March as I was thinking I could infuse the fruit so I was a little disappointed to find that out but much to my surprise my cousin sent me a bottle of Bergamot juice from there so it’s in the water phase of this soap that adds a bit of scent. Like I mentioned the Aroma Blend is essential oils and the scent is very fresh and a juicy Bergamot forward scent.
Again we have 4 products in the set only this time we have the newest Tallow Creme formula that also has the two new ingredients added to it. Which is also in the the Bay Rum and Sandalo Artistico. The two new ingredients are a brand new Hydraulic Acid oil which hasn’t been done up till now as most Hydraulic Acid products are water based. It’s also in the Serums too. An Ostrich Oil which is the only oil that is FDA certified to be Transdermal which means it not only addresses the epidermal layer of the skin but penetrates into the Dermis layer as well and has 10 times more Omega 3 fatty acids than the number two oil. In my testing these two ingredients resulted in a noticeable difference in skin feel.

Anyway here’s the Bergamotto Family photo

6DE776CB-4B6F-4F81-B016-823D9617EAE7.jpeg
Thank you all for your patience and support and you’ll be seeing more of me on here after the holidays which are coming way to fast for me.

Great shaves all

Frank

Frank, I hate to hear about the health issues but hopefully you have those sorted. The new products sound great!
Thank you!
I have a few more tests coming up but the real scary stuff has been eliminated so that makes me feel a lot better. I’m not 100% but each day gets a little better. In fact I’ve been so busy trying to play catch up I find myself not thinking about how I feel. I just push through the day.

I feel really good about these new products. So thanks again for the kind words.

Glad to see you up and doing what you do best. All the new lines sound like wonderful scents. Best of wishes and Merry Christmas.

Back