The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New to this addicting lifestyle

I dont know how I ever missed the boat on wet shaving but I stumbled upon it one day looking for a new can of shave cream with menthol. Now 1 month later and I have 7 soaps, 3 brushed and 3 razors. The shaves are so much better than cartridge razors and the soaps are absolutely amazing. Glad I found this forum and hobby!

Welcome good sir Menthol! Glad you could join us!

What are the mentioned collections of your den currently?

Welcome to the Cadre. If you like menthol and you haven't found it cryogen by chiseled face it basically just that and soap.

Well so far I have the following soaps
1. Stirling Glacial Spearmint
2.Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
3. Cryogen
4. WCS Pear-Brr
5. Proraso Green
6.Central texas Soap Mr. Pepper
7.Dapper Dragon Royal Dragon

I bought a Rockwell 6C razor plus Stirling Glacial Lemon and Cryogen after shaves plus a bunch of Stirling bath soaps (Mentholated of course)
I bought 2 Yaqi and 1 Omega-s brushes

This is all within 1 month time. I spend most of my free time reading and watching youtube videos to gain more knowledge

Its so addicting. So many soaps,blades and brushes. I might need an intervention soon.

Well so far I have the following soaps
1. Stirling Glacial Spearmint
2.Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
3. Cryogen
4. WCS Pear-Brr
5. Proraso Green
6.Central texas Soap Mr. Pepper
7.Dapper Dragon Royal Dragon

I bought a Rockwell 6C razor plus Stirling Glacial Lemon and Cryogen after shaves plus a bunch of Stirling bath soaps (Mentholated of course)
I bought 2 Yaqi and 1 Omega-s brushes

This is all within 1 month time. I spend most of my free time reading and watching youtube videos to gain more knowledge

Its so addicting. So many soaps,blades and brushes. I might need an intervention soon.

We all need intervention...at a later date!

Great start!

Outstanding stuff Mr. Menthol!! You need to try out CBL Soap's ghost line of soaps...all the cooling benefit of menthol without the scent! And it lasts longer! Welcome to the Cadre, land of enablement!

Welcome to the cadre Mr. Menthol! Pull up a chair and join a conversation. We are happy to have you here at TSC!

Greetings, and welcome to the Cadre! If you like watching YT videos, check out the Member video section of the forum. A few of us have regular VLOGs that get uploaded to YT and posted in that forum.

And yes, if you like menthol, then CBL Soaps Ghost line is life changing!

Welcome to TSC! Very nice set up, and if you like menthol then you'd probably be a fan of Fine Snakebite.

Menthol is a good thing. Please look at Fine Snake Bite! That'll give you a touch!

I thoroughly enjoy Cryogen. Not only is it intensely mentholated it has a pleasing scent.

I am thinking about a CBL Ghost soap but I am still uncertain about the W-23 cooling agent. Seems like some kind of sketchy chemical. I see it is used in vaping products. The idea of that cooling feeling lasting longer sounds great but is their a cost?

I am thinking about a CBL Ghost soap but I am still uncertain about the W-23 cooling agent. Seems like some kind of sketchy chemical. I see it is used in vaping products. The idea of that cooling feeling lasting longer sounds great but is their a cost?

Do some research on the cooling agents. They are food safe and a lot of chefs cook with them too.

Back