The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New to The Shaving Cadre

Hello everyone!
For those that don't know me, I'm Dave and I've been traditionally wet shaving since January 2015. I was sent a friendly invite to join from Dave in KY.
What originally started as a means to save money quickly grew into an obsession. I've probably spent more money on shaving gear in the last 3.5 years than I would have for the next 15 years if I had stuck with cartridges.
I have around 150 DE and SE razors, mostly vintage, enough blades to last me until the mid 2100's, 25 shaving brushes with a couple in the works, enough aftershave to nearly fill two 2 gallon jugs, and no less than 10 pounds but no more than 20 pounds of shaving soap at any give time for my shaving enjoyment.

So I'm excited to have join and look forward to conversing with everyone about all things shaving related.

Yay, Another Dave !!!! Welcome aboard. The place seems dead today. Everyone is off playing for the weekend
1f601.png

Welcome on Dave! Glad you could join us!

We’re going to have to start issuing a new name procedure for anyone named Dave at this rate. It’s going to get confusing!

We’re seriously going to have to slow down on letting more Daves in.....

Welcome! Glad to see you here!

Hey Dave you've got to as you get around the forum checking out the place, post some pics of your shave den with Barber Pole etc in that thread.

NO MORE DAVES! Say it with me...NO MORE DAVES! At least until we get another Don! Seriously though...glad you found us here!

Welcome to TSC Dave, you have just made my chances of guessing who’s journal I’m reading a bit better. I guess I won’t forget your name either since Dave is my blade brother!

Woohoo Dave #5. Welcome sir.

Funny, your pic reminds me of a shirt from high school times. Except instead of three eyes it had one and said Mutants for Nuclear Power.

Back