The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New shaving soap

LNHC

Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations
Artisan Retailer
So if you are unhappy with my new shaving soap please contact me and I will do what ever I can to make it right. My time on the cadre is limited .

Xoxoxo

Lisa

I have now used the Doc Holiday and the Haute Leather and am UNHAPPY !!!!!! I'm unhappy that after using them both once each and smelling the large sample of the Smoked Black Tea that I didn't order a tub of that too. I had a slick lather that looked like glass with the sheen on it this morning. Loving the post shave feel especially !! Thanks Lisa for being a part of the Cadre and taking care of us here as you did.

I really don't think anyone is truly unhappy with your soap Lisa. I just think they are trying to give honest reviews. Just because someone doesn't care for a certain attribute of your soap...doesn't mean they are unhappy...it just means that there is something that they don't like. It's all about preference. By and large...I think most like your soaps.

I really don't think anyone is truly unhappy with your soap Lisa. I just think they are trying to give honest reviews. Just because someone doesn't care for a certain attribute of your soap...doesn't mean they are unhappy...it just means that there is something that they don't like. It's all about preference. By and large...I think most like your soaps.
Totally this. The Smoked Black Tea didn't work for me at all scent wise. But in seeing other reviews, I'm coming to the conclusion I'm just sensitive to some ingredient that doesn't stand out to others. Such is the risk anytime we blind buy something. So now all that happens is I'll pass it on to someone that didn't get the chance to order it and would like to try it. No worries.

Yup, Don hit the nail on the head. I get that you put a lot of time, money, and effort into making your new soap the best it could be, and would be disappointed to hear that someone doesn't like it. But we have a saying around here, and in the entire Wet Shaving Comminuty.... YMMV! Your Mileage May Vary. You could have the most perfect soap..... but someone out there isn't going to like it. That's just the way it is. You can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. We all have different water, different brushes, different techniques, and different preferences. And that all plays into the results we are going to get form the same soap.

My biggest issues with your new soaps are slickness and scent.... but other reviewers have complete opposite views from me in those aspects. So, my issue with it boils down to preference, not a fault in the soap. I know in my reviews, I may have come off a little hard on it. But I certainly don't dislike it. It's often in our nature to dish out criticism faster than praise, especially when it is given on the fly like in a first impression video. Sorry if I have given you the impression that I didn't like it.

Back