The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Seaforth Mug...

Do you want me to reach out to the Seaforth gent? I know this may shock you - but I actually own all his products (including his shave case)ā€¦.I go back to when he was just Spearhead and was testing his base - so I have a lot of his experimental soaps and he sent me samples of Heather and Spice before they were released - I would be happy to ask him.

Has anyone heard back from Seaforth yet? I wrote a few lines myself, hopefully they have them back in stock shortly!

No, but I'm not sure if my initial message went through. I just submitted it again.

No, but I'm not sure if my initial message went through. I just submitted it again.
He just got back to me:
"Hey man, thanks for the note. I really didnā€™t expect the response to those mugs and it leave me a little flat footed. I have some more mugs that are empty. I plan to list those in a couple/few weeks (leaving for spring break soon). I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have any more soap filled ones this year. I would love to, but I have a couple releases coming up that are chewing up all my production time."

and then Further:
Hi Dennis,

I would happily purchase a mug without product in it if needed. In fact, I actually didnā€™t realize they came with product in them! Very cool! Between me and the guys at The Shaving Cadre, Iā€™m sure we would run you out in a hurry! Iā€™m glad to hear that the mugs sold so well and You should know there is a ton of love for your products!

Iā€™m excited to hear about your new releases, can you provide any more details?

Thank you for the quick reply,

Matt

Matt,

I havenā€™t made any announcements yet because Iā€™m still waiting for the fragrance oil to be blended. It should be done any day. I expect the first of the two releases to be early July. The scent doesnā€™t really fit a ā€œcategoryā€ like fougere or chypre, but itā€™s fitting for a July release. Geranium, citrus, oakmoss, musk and some other notes. It definitely has a vintage vibe. More details soon!"

Good stuff!

I would love to, but I have a couple releases coming up that are chewing up all my production time."
My bet is that is is going to release the Leather and the Bay Rum scents. Those are the last two scents that original Seaforth did - since Dennis has already released the other three (Spice, Heather, and Spiced Lime).

Iā€™m bummed that I missed it because they came with ICED Lime - a mentholated version of his Spiced Lime - that would have been cool (literally šŸ˜‚)

My bet is that is is going to release the Leather and the Bay Rum scents. Those are the last two scents that original Seaforth did - since Dennis has already released the other three (Spice, Heather, and Spiced Lime).

Iā€™m bummed that I missed it because they came with ICED Lime - a mentholated version of his Spiced Lime - that would have been cool (literally šŸ˜‚)
We need to gang up on him for more ICED LIME!!! o_O

He just got back to me:
"Hey man, thanks for the note. I really didnā€™t expect the response to those mugs and it leave me a little flat footed. I have some more mugs that are empty. I plan to list those in a couple/few weeks (leaving for spring break soon). I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have any more soap filled ones this year. I would love to, but I have a couple releases coming up that are chewing up all my production time."

and then Further:
Hi Dennis,

I would happily purchase a mug without product in it if needed. In fact, I actually didnā€™t realize they came with product in them! Very cool! Between me and the guys at The Shaving Cadre, Iā€™m sure we would run you out in a hurry! Iā€™m glad to hear that the mugs sold so well and You should know there is a ton of love for your products!

Iā€™m excited to hear about your new releases, can you provide any more details?

Thank you for the quick reply,

Matt

Matt,

I havenā€™t made any announcements yet because Iā€™m still waiting for the fragrance oil to be blended. It should be done any day. I expect the first of the two releases to be early July. The scent doesnā€™t really fit a ā€œcategoryā€ like fougere or chypre, but itā€™s fitting for a July release. Geranium, citrus, oakmoss, musk and some other notes. It definitely has a vintage vibe. More details soon!"

Good stuff!
Matt, if you pursue the empty ones I would be on board for one!

Meh, chasing limited edition or extra small volume releases is not my thing and I very much dislike that business model. I like his soaps and that mug is cool but hopefully he does not continue that practice.

On an up note I haven't used the Spiced Lime in a while, I think I will get that out and use it today. (y)

Meh, chasing limited edition or extra small volume releases is not my thing and I very much dislike that business model. I like his soaps and that mug is cool but hopefully he does not continue that practice.
Agree, I especially detest this sales model as used by The Holy Black....

Back