The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Release - First Lather - Lather Booster & Slickness Enhancer

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
First Lather

Lather Booster & Slickness Enhancer

I’m happy to announce the launch of “ First Lather” which is lather booster & Slickness Enhancer and it comes in a twist to open roll up package, which makes it really easy to use and mess free. The way to use it is after taking a hot shower, using a hot towel, splashing your face or whatever technique you use to pre - soften your beard take the First Lather and twist up to expose a bit of product and take off the clear plastic protective dome cover and you can choose to keep in and once your First Lather is dry put it back on or just throw it away. Personally I like to put it back on because if you ever use it to travel with and it gets exposed to a very hot environment it may soften up so always turn it upside down and the dome cover will always give you a nice smooth surface on your product. Normal conditions in your home will not affect the product at all so keep it or throw it away is your choice. So after wetting your face roll the product over the area your going to shave. Then you can choose one of two ways we’ve tested to distribute the product evenly on your face. One is to use your hands to rub it in and the other method that I and some other testers prefer is to a use damp to slightly wet shaving brush to spread it around and you will see a slight lathering happening and a translucent coating build up. After that using your Shave soap of the day lather right over it and you’ll see a boost in the lather,, Cushion, Slickness and what I call Ghost residual slickness and also a boost in post shave. What one of the testers discovered by thinking outside the box is to use it again on the last pass before lathering but using less and he said it's not necessary to rub it in if you don’t want to. I do it the same way I do on the first pass. His comments were you won’t believe the added slickness and ghost residual slickness and it’s awesome for your ATG pass. I have tried this as well as the testers and we can both confirm this makes a difference that is easily noticeable. He also stated that he really doesn’t always have to re- lather he just uses the First Lather for his last pass. Others say they really like it for their buffing pass. I’m usually a two pass Shaver and I’ve tried it on my 2nd pass and without trying to hype it up I’ll just say it is very noticeable and leave it at that.

You can use this with any shave soap or cream and it works especially well with some of the soaps or creams we may have in our den that we love the scent of but just don’t get the performance of other soaps we have. In fact I used the unscented it with my favorite Shaving cream the other day and it was a wow moment as it sure kicked it up a few notches as far as slickness and post shave feel.

As of right now I’m offering it in Unscented, Mélange d'agrumes, Lavender Supreme and a new blend of Cucumber Fruit Flavoring, Cucumber Hydrosol, Spearmint and Lemongrass Essential oils scents and I’ll be adding the Pineapple Noir in the next week or so and probably others moving forward. I have a feeling that the Unscented will be the best seller as I’ve stated earlier you can use it with any shaving soap or cream.

Price for the First Lather is
Unscented is $18.50
Scented - $20.00

Thanks Guys!

fullsizeoutput_3446.jpeg

Awesome Frank! I might need to try this. I can think of a Soap or two this should help with.

It really does help with soaps that are lacking in some areas.. I don't want to name names although it's a big name brand of Shave Cream and I used it with and without and it made a huge difference in that cream and I've kept the cream because I like the scent so much but performance is just so so especially if I'm using a fairly efficient razor. Realistically you could probably shave with the First Lather if your only on one days growth or if your going to do a quick night time shave when you've already have had a shave but you got some 5 O'clock shadow and the misses doesn't want to feel that while your dancing cheek to cheek! (y)

It really does help with soaps that are lacking in some areas.. I don't want to name names although it's a big name brand of Shave Cream and I used it with and without and it made a huge difference in that cream and I've kept the cream because I like the scent so much but performance is just so so especially if I'm using a fairly efficient razor. Realistically you could probably shave with the First Lather if your only on one days growth or if your going to do a quick night time shave when you've already have had a shave but you got some 5 O'clock shadow and the misses doesn't want to feel that while your dancing cheek to cheek! (y)
Sold. Ordered and highly anticipated.

Thanks Frank!

I would be very interested in this product. I've been squawking about incorporating a Pre-Shave ritual and I do have some lack lustre soaps, especially when at my work abode(hard water). I'm new here and have read some good stuff about your products as well. How do I go about ordering as I'm rather new here....

... nevermind 🙄 sometimes I just don't think things thru lol. Unfortunately I just ordered from you about a week ago will forgo until next order. Shipping kills up here at the North Pole so I like to put a good order. Looking forward to trying your products.....

... nevermind 🙄 sometimes I just don't think things thru lol. Unfortunately I just ordered from you about a week ago will forgo until next order. Shipping kills up here at the North Pole so I like to put a good order. Looking forward to trying your products.....

Wait are you the real Santa!! North Pole! I want to come visit 😂

All kidding aside I’m here when you’re ready.

Oh and please send some cool air down here in NY I’m dying in this warehouse! 🔥

@Dragonsbeard Do you have separate sites as I couldn't find your lather booster on the CBL site?

No my website is not up yet. An I don’t want to curse myself but it may be up on this coming Monday🙏🏼

Chris and I did a collaboration on his Fresh Lime. In fact glad you reminded me I have to call him.

I’m going to post when the website is up. I may even break out the champagne and blow off fireworks when it goes up! It’s taken that long!😂

A couple of people that have ordered and received their First Lather have asked me to post up a photo of the container with the top off to explain the clear plastic dome cover and how to take it off. It’s really easy. Just roll up the stick until you see about one eight of an inch of the product and lift the dome cover off. You can then decide if you want to keep it or throw it away. I’d suggest if you do a. Lot of traveling you keep it.
So like any roll up product just leave enough product showing at the top so it spreads evenly across your face.

here a photo I took of the product with the top off for those that requested it.

thanks for the suggestion.

546EA2AD-E59D-436D-BA59-E1815F8C2179.jpeg

Back