The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Release - ETHOS Grooming Essentials Remède Revitalizing Post Shave Serums

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Well they are finally ready for release. I’ve been working on these for a few weeks now and the bottles are filled, labels on and photos for the website are taken so as of today they are available for purchase.

I’m not sure how many post shave serums there are out there but mostly what I’ve seen is one formula from those that do offer them and my belief is that no one formula is right for every skin type so I’ve been doing my research on the subject and have come up with 4 formulas soon to be a 5th to address what most cosmetic experts and dermatologist consider are the 5 skin types.
Normal
Dry
Sensitive
Oily
Problematic

The 4 Remède formulas address all but problematic skin types and that formula is only a couple of weeks away from release as the formula took more research than the others.

All 4 of these are in the Custom Collection and are all Unscented but they can be customized with a number of scent offerings. Like all the products in the Custom Collection when the website is up you’ll be able to pick the scent you’d like from the drop down menu. For starters I’ll be offering these with the same scents that are available in my Shave Soaps. So Lavender Supreme, Melange d’ Agrume and Pineapple Noir. I’ve also added a Fresh Lime but will be done using only Lime EO and a cooling complex so no fragrance oil is added. Also offering a Ruby Red Grapefruit & Peppermint EO blend a Lemon and Ginger EO blend and a East Indian Sandalwood and Sweet Orange blend. There will be others moving forward and I can take requests for personal blends.

Prices are:

Remède – Revitalizing Post Shave Serum –
Unscented:

Normal Skin - $40.00

Dry Skin – S42.00

Sensitive Skin $42.00

Oily Skin - $42.00

Custom Scented with Standard Shave soap scents depending on Skin Type formula - $44.00 or $46.00
Custom Scented with other Essential oil blends depending on Skin Type formula chosen which are either $40 or $42 Unscented will be priced according to market price of the aroma or aroma blend. A couple of examples would be if a customer chooses the Dry Skin Formula which is $42 Unscented and would like the Grapefruit & Peppermint EO blend them it would cost $46. If they chose the East Indian Sandalwood & Sweet Orange the price would be $52 as the market price for authentic East Indian Sandalwood is very expensive but Sweet Orange EO is reasonably priced so it helps keep the price down on the blend whereas if straight East Indian Sandalwood oil is chosen it would bring the price up to $56. Special blends and prices will be discussed with the individual customer.

A list of ingredients for each formula will be post on the website.

Use: The Serums can be used anytime and suggested to be used on the whole face. When using as a post shave product myself and testers have found a few drops rubbed into the palms of the hands and then distributed on all the areas shaved on damp skin works best. I’ve also found it works great as a base when using an Aftershave Skin Food Splash. Some testers preferred using it after using the Skin Food splash. I guess you’d have to find what works best for you as grooming rituals vary from individual to individual or so it seems.

Oh almost forgot you can opt out of a Skin Food splash as your free sample that’s provided with each shave soap purchase and substitute it for a Unscented post shave serum if you like just make sure to request it as a added note when ordering.

Thank you for your support!

Frank

2FA25C60-32C9-43D9-A0D1-C715F6BB7678.jpeg

What’s the difference between this and Replenish? Are they interchangeable? Used separately? Are they used together? Thanks!

Remède are post shave oil serums and quite different than Replenish which is a water based products. If I were using them in a daily Shave I'd use one or the other although I've used both. I'd say if your skin is really dry I'd use the Replenish first. Let it dry to a damp stage and then put a few drops of Remède on and work it in. The two would work together on dry skin but in different ways. Also all these Post Shave products alone with the Replenish can be used any time and also can be used by the ladies in the house and in fact I have a few orders from the misses of some of my customers for their own bottle of both Replenish ( One with Rose floral water as the requested scent ) and one that wants the Remède with the Pineapple Noir as she steals her husbands Skin Food splash with the scnet in it! LOL

Back