The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New member / old hillbilly shaver

A hearty mammoth trumpet out to you Charlie! Welcome. As far as watches, I'm a G-Shock fan and I've had mine for many years now - same battery. With my eyesight taking a dive, I may need something with bigger numbers :LOL:

A hearty mammoth trumpet out to you Charlie! Welcome. As far as watches, I'm a G-Shock fan and I've had mine for many years now - same battery. With my eyesight taking a dive, I may need something with bigger numbers :LOL:
Thank you! I love my G-Shock too! It's tough as nails, and I like the retro digital vibe. I'm still on the original battery, and the numbers keep shrinking. It must be a G-Shock thing! :ROFLMAO:

G-Shock 091120.jpg

I love my G-Shock too!
I added a Suunto compass clip-on for the wristband. Amazing how many people ask me if it's a special diving watch or something just because of the Suunto. If I told them it was a Casio they would envision that silver watch you could buy at K-Mart for $9.99 back in the 80's so I just tell them it's a G-shock - sounds cooler!:cool:

Thanks @wayne1963.

I've been interested in watches since I was a fourth grader. I used to tag along with my Dad to pawn shops near an Army base where he'd buy used watches and eventually re-sell them. In those days, you could score a nice Seiko, Citizen, Accutron, or even an Omega for a reasonable price. In 1970, $20 or $25 got you a really nice used Seiko automatic. I got to wear all of his acquisitions, which amounted a few dozen different ones over the years. The Seiko divers were my favorites, and I still like sports model watches. My watch interests cooled down for a few years and then reignited about 10 years ago. I've got a very small rotation of watches I truly enjoy wearing...each of them for different reasons...and all of them have a story attached to them.

I always made a point to show my fourth grade teacher my newest watch. Most of them were way bigger than my arm. I bet she thought I was a real piece of work. :ROFLMAO:

What's your watch story?

Back