The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New life for an old brush.

TobyC

"I shaved a Tribble once..."
As received.

100_2757 (2).JPG

Taken apart.

100_2758.JPG

Now.

100_2894 (2).JPG

Wanted to do this ever since I saw one of these things, I thing she's gonna be a killer brush.

As received.

100_2809.JPG

They had a problem keeping it together apparently, had been glued together several times with different glues,... lots of glue! I had to use a hole saw with the pilot removed to get the ferrule off. Had to do more work than I expected to make it look decent, all lettering had to go unfortunately.

100_2818.JPG

And the result.

100_2898.JPG

These last two brushes are similar, but very different.

100_2902.JPG

Wanted to do this ever since I saw one of these things, I thing she's gonna be a killer brush.

As received.

View attachment 51801

They had a problem keeping it together apparently, had been glued together several times with different glues,... lots of glue! I had to use a hole saw with the pilot removed to get the ferrule off. Had to do more work than I expected to make it look decent, all lettering had to go unfortunately.

View attachment 51802

And the result.

View attachment 51803

These last two brushes are similar, but very different.

View attachment 51804
Wow again, Toby.

That sucks the lettering had to go, but it looks like a worthwhile sacrifice. That ferrule looks brand new. Heck, the whole thing looks new. Another amazing job.

Wow doesn't even begin to cover it. You'll need to put together a tutorial of how you accomplished this revival.

Wow doesn't even begin to cover it. You'll need to put together a tutorial of how you accomplished this revival.
I never remember to take pix while I'm working on them, and each one is different, I just do what needs to be done to make me happy.

Another hobbyist maybe? 😜

I have a couple that have been sitting waiting for me to still not have enough time... might need to send them your way haha.

Another hobbyist maybe? 😜

I have a couple that have been sitting waiting for me to still not have enough time... might need to send them your way haha.
The good thing is you can do it a little at a time. If you have time to post on a forum you have time to fix a brush. (y)

Back