The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New here, just saying "hi guys"

MurderMittens

Shave Newbie
After watching a few members of this forum on YT I decided it might be fun to try forums again...
Barber Dave of course was one of the more motivating members... (that reminds me of "hair club for men" ... where "he was not just a member ...but the President" .😂) Also have watched Bill M.. and a few others..

I was on SRP way back when, they had maybe 700/800 "registered" and probably 50/60 active members, it was ran by Lynn Yad yada we all know that place played out, and I left long before the "take over".
Forums seem to draw out the lest tolerable personalities and inflate ego and bravado... so I disappeared from actively participating on forums for the better part of 10 years (not just shaving but all) the shaving forums went to the proverbial heaping stack of bovine-excrement).
So yea.. that's me in a nutshell (seriously, what nut has a shell this big 😂)

Welcome to The Cadre! Good to have you here. Lots of amazing people here so anything you want to know or need to ask, we're here for you!

Lots to see, read, and get involved with here. We're so much more than just a wet shaving forum. We have so much fun. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly fun. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave , @heysi , @Fenster

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Forums seem to draw out the lest tolerable personalities and inflate ego and bravado...
Welcome to The Cadre! We are a much different forum. This place was born out of seeing that type of stuff in other forums and was created to be different. We hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome to The Cadre! Good to have you here. Lots of amazing people here so anything you want to know or need to ask, we're here for you!

Lots to see, read, and get involved with here. We're so much more than just a wet shaving forum. We have so much fun. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly fun. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave , @heysi , @Fenster

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay
Thank you, as you (or someone saw 🤣) I had a double post... so I'll try to be more precise in my posting.

Thank you, as you (or someone saw 🤣) I had a double post... so I'll try to be more precise in my posting.
No worries, there's a small glitch right now that triggers that. If you see an error pop-up when you post, just reload and your post will likely be there.

Welcome @MurderMittens ! Glad you could join us!

What are some of your favorite hardware/software shave products right now?
I am probably the wrong person to ask that question... After chasing dragons for a decade I've learned that beauty and art is in the shave, not the product. Form over fashion so to say... Two new razors ive been using lately that have impressed me are the DOVO Barbarossa, and the TI le petit francais... both of which have surprised me.
The Barbarossa is part of the new DOVO manufacturing process which is more relient on CNC than artisan hand work... which sounds bad, but I will say I am pleasantly surprised.. the le petit francais is an amazing anomaly of a razor... the stock thickness is equivalent to many of my 6/8" razors. It does not shave like a 4/8"... mind you I am one to shave with a 3/8" just because you "can't" or "shouldn't"... but if one can't shave with a le petit francais, you can't shave... such a beefy heavy razor for a 4/8" .. absolutely impressive little razor that is going to stay part of my routine.
As for brushes... I haven't found anything that cost more and performs better than most basic Simpsons... 🤷 Can't go wrong for daily shaving than any of the Simpsons line... at least none of my brushes... Equine is nice, and Bore has it's place.. the few blended brushes ive had I appreciate most.. but sadly the market wants badger, so badger it is...

Soaps... yea some smell better, some are more pricy.. but even the old Cello does the trick.. not a fan of buying stuff now days just because it's pretty or popular.. rarely have I seen a return on investment .. But again I'm old just do what works...

Strops, I prefer equine over most ... just me💁‍♂️ opinions are like a$$ holes... ya know.. doesn't matter if it gets the job done...

If you’re accustomed to infighting and razor envy, The Cadre will surprise you with its absence. This is a civil, courteous bunch. Hope you enjoy your time here. 🙂
I have honestly not been a part of a forum that didn't suffer from bravado and ego inflation, in one form or another...
I already, preemptivly regret saying "if you can't shave with a Le Petite Francias, you can't shave" 🙀 because that does sound confrontational... in all honesty it was more of praise for the a odd little razor.. it's a sweetie.. 🤷 (but I also love 4/8" and I won't say why 😂)
I don't spend much time on line, so my absence isn't a sign of discontent. 🤙🏻

Back