The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

NBA Playoffs 2018

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
So I am a sports fan and while I tend to prefer collegiate sports over professional sports. I do really enjoy the NBA, well I should rephrase that I enjoy watching the Jazz. Probably because they are local and we try and get to a few games every year. So with that being said, my team made the playoffs and I am excited to see how they perform this year.

Anyone else watching the playoffs this year? Who you rooting for? Who do you think will win it all?

I am rooting for the Jazz, but I expect the Houston Rockets to win it all.

I don't really pay the NBA playoffs too much attention, generally speaking. I'll normally be a passive Celtics fan when they're involved.

Jazz fan. Hoping they will be able to get past Oklahoma City. But because so many of the games between the two teams (all four were played before the calendar changed), I don't have a good feel for it this year. If one or two of those games had been after they started playing well in January it would be easier to read. But the Jazz are a much different team than they were then. From 19-28 after 47 games to 48-34 at the end of the season. That is a winning percentage of .829 over the last 35 games of the season. But they will have to play better than they did last night for sure.

As for who will win the whole thing? Probably Houston.

Dagwoodz said:
I don't really pay the NBA playoffs too much attention, generally speaking. I'll normally be a passive Celtics fan when they're involved.

Why the Celtics??? Anyone but them lol.

Runnin_Ute said:
Jazz fan. Hoping they will be able to get past Oklahoma City. But because so many of the games between the two teams (all four were played before the calendar changed), I don't have a good feel for it this year. If one or two of those games had been after they started playing well in January it would be easier to read. But the Jazz are a much different team than they were then. From 19-28 after 47 games to 48-34 at the end of the season. That is a winning percentage of .829 over the last 35 games of the season. But they will have to play better than they did last night for sure.

As for who will win the whole thing? Probably Houston.

As an avid Jazz fan who was at the perfect age as a child during the Stockton to Malone days this season has been awesome! The future looks so bright.

Cvargo said:
Why the Celtics??? Anyone but them lol.

Born and raised in New England...would you prefer I be a Knicks fan? LOL I grew up with Larry Legend, Robert Parish, Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale...so...

Dagwoodz said:
Born and raised in New England...would you prefer I be a Knicks fan? LOL I grew up with Larry Legend, Robert Parish, Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale...so...

I guess the only Boston/New England area team I can stand is the Red Sox, probably because I have been to Fenway a few times. Although Larry Bird is legend and I can't talk ill of him!

Cvargo said:
I guess the only Boston/New England area team I can stand is the Red Sox, probably because I have been to Fenway a few times. Although Larry Bird is legend and I can't talk ill of him!

There aren't many teams that I can say, without hesitation, that I can't stand. The Red Sox are one of those. I grew up in an area that was about 50/50 split between Boston and NY teams. Most people chose a city and stuck with any team from there. I ended up going with the fans that were less annoying. The only team I don't like or dislike is the Bruins. I was a Hartford Whalers fan for years (Dad was a season ticket holder for 15 years until they moved), and stopped following hockey when they were taken from us. But I'll root for them before I root for the Rangers, Islanders, Sabres or Devils. Football wise, Patriots fan through and through.

Go Golden State 1:0 in the playoffs!

Sskim3 said:
Go sixers... enough said. Trust the process
1f609.png

We can apply it here as well.

Not a big basketball fan, but I have to root for my home team. GO SIXERS!!!

After the Jazz lost game 1 I was feeling pretty defeated. But now after game 2 I feel like the Jazz could really win this series. Considering everything they went through this season that would be amazing!

Gagi said:
I don't have a favorite yet, all my hopes went with Nuggets...

The nuggets make a great trading partner for the Jazz

Cvargo said:
After the Jazz lost game 1 I was feeling pretty defeated. But now after game 2 I feel like the Jazz could really win this series. Considering everything they went through this season that would be amazing!

The national media was quite split on this series. What they agreed on? It would be one of the better (if not the best) and go 7 games. Some choosing the Jazz and others the Thunder.

Igor Kokoškov, coach from Serbia is going from Utah to be head coach in Fenix AR. So he's going from Chad to Dave? Any comments?

Igor Kokoškov, coach from Serbia is going from Utah to be head coach in Fenix AR. So he's going from Chad to Dave
1f602.png
Any comments?

Igor is a FANTASTIC coach who fits the Utah Community very well. Actually saw him one time downtown out at lunch last summer and had a nice 10 min chat with him. Very personable. The Jazz organization is losing a fantastic assistant coach. Sadly GOOD assistant coaches do not stay assistants very long. The Phoenix organization is dumpster fire right now putting it softly. Igor is going to have his hands full and I wish him all the best! I hope he wins every game except for the ones when playing the Jazz. GO JAZZ GO! And based off previous conversations with Dave I don't think he follows the NBA.

He likes chalenges, I remember results with Georgia and Slovenia nacional team. Actually I would like to forget Slovenia? In a few years we may see something...
Dave doesn't folow NBA?

Back