The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My New Knife!!!

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Purchased a knife from our very own hobbyist knife maker here at TSC! A huge thanks to @ShawnF for making this. It's everything that I want in a knife and it is damn fine looking too! Black walnut handle. Pics don't do this justice. Love this bad boy and it will definitely get some use out of it!

m8RvCE5t_Qq2JmgUwtM-h1G87qBnn4us8pXwof7Ai_9imbPrcGocnchPD3NtKVxk4TC7J4aBpbZ7VojT1xNXHeJKt_nnWaudDIf1nzTzy41gXOxcDZrwRVFdYMP72ywFGVF9rUZXnHrekkRH3ofbIn-EL5pX1BegudtsGFycuNI0hEeX-_W4MgyjgPJiNj2BEniyjboezRRi2f96zvznoqIOiUaEVxLjSqByFgJYf5jqABc3tMwUqapzuRO31NlKM3IbC93xStniy2z3VzAYIYVwYq6LGoZQ4CnBBsS1x_Ug_c1VCRq0ERB_nTtoLuG6HE_e4P68jvP9qiCl2gbmxTXMgt-KIRX9y1XRBJ1Tm_xVJFzAwT8zot8j-gd2p1r7TiKSo8Rkcqoe0eZJdsATepfS2sTyi4C3HYm2nKZM_z461kCe4S9tuWO2lUVEWpJSafjqh7_13Q4sJQlsx3LRHuxCXL7ODFUU6rE2OrVdYYr9hnz9YWFUQiNc05FX9a40wiFZjPTnqJYXEoEXwMWMkR-_lHqx46kfeSmM_iDR862RZE5qeimVaUsI8b_qvC-05Oo3K6kfyZi66w46x_850BRocJJW9i8vq6nOQPMVex03uXCA_FQy-OO0vyJ_BRgSjLQK_S2peneqykXf4aE6j6oPV-Bm-6fbmdVhNHESOw5ooY0_JuTK355BDRHAx8Yl_UsdqI0HFlbaov9QBLcvBQiiRQ=w1204-h903-no

Gotta work up the courage to give myself a "proper" cut. 🤪
You do know that edge is pretty much shave ready, right? Shawn sent me a knife and I gave the edge a few laps on my diamond pasted strop then leather (its a knife so the task was a little difficult) then proceeded to shave with it. The shave was every bit as smooth as any well honed straight. I have since used the knife for a number of significant tasks and the edge looks as good as it did when new.

You've got a great knife there. Good work @ShawnF

You do know that edge is pretty much shave ready, right? Shawn sent me a knife and I gave the edge a few laps on my diamond pasted strop then leather (its a knife so the task was a little difficult) then proceeded to shave with it. The shave was every bit as smooth as any well honed straight. I have since used the knife for a number of significant tasks and the edge looks as good as it did when new.

You've got a great knife there. Good work @ShawnF
Oh I know...

What I love about the forged knives that Shawn makes is that no matter what abuse you do to it, it can always be sharpened again. You might say that for all knives...but not so. There are some knives I have screwed up so bad that you can't get them sharp again. This knife will definitely get used.

Back