The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My finishing hone

uacowboy

"The Minuteman"
Concierge Emeritus
Hobbyist
Was talking to xeno the other day and told him I'd post some pics of my finisher. It is a natural stone I got from a guy on another forum about 4 years ago. Some of you may or may not recognize who from the logo. I'm not sure if he ever learned much about it but is is very pretty and give a great edge.

Also this is my hand after honing a razor that had been abused pretty bad. Big nic in the edge and what should have been a slight smile had been made very flat. I think I got it fixed up though.

right? lol i had to slowly get a good edge from the the middle out to the toe as i fixed the edge shape and set the new bevel. the heel took care of itself really well though so that was a plus.

I know very little of honing and finishing stones..but because your hand has no hair...I am pretty sure you have a sharp straight on your hands!

Back