The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Moving information

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer

UPDATE

Hello Cadre

So as most know I’m moving my facility. Well I had a problem with what would have been my new location. My future landlord decided to have a change of mind. Our original agreement was I was taking have the space he had available and at the end of he first year I’d have the option of renewing the lease for 2 to 3 years or taking the entire space if the business needed it. All was good to go. Well only 2 days ago I got a call from the listing agent that the owner decided he wanted me to take the entire space for no less than 5 years.

Well that’s not happening as I can’t commit to that much time or sq ft right now. Mostly the 5 yr thing. The reason is my son said in a year or two if he decides to stay in the NYC area and build a house he wants me to move down in that area so I’m close. So when I told him what this guy said he’s like absolutely no! So he backed up my thoughts on this.

Ok so now I’ve got the CBD company I work part time for taking over my whole current space For extra inventory storage. So their moving in on August 1st. So at first I honestly started to panic as to where the heck I’m going. Well someone was looking over me as we found a place but I can’t start moving in until August 10th so thank the lucky stars the CBD owners are letting me store my stuff in the warehouse until then but I’m not sure I can do any real business until the 10th. I mean we can take orders but I won’t be able to ship any until after we’ve moved I’m out new location.

I wanted to let you know what’s going on and bring you up to date.

So when we do get back up and running we will be going full steam on making a bunch of both new shave soaps and tallow cremes along with making ones we’ve been out of stock on Lillie Fresco, Nuage de Citron, Vetivert etc.

Also while I’ve got your attention I’ve gotten a lot of requests to bring back Melange Di Agrume and I was wondering how many of you would like to see it in the Tallow Shave Creme or in the F Base Soap ? From a scent strength standpoint the Creme will bring out the scent strength more than the shave soap. Just saying. I will say no matter which base it will be stronger than the original as I have my new technique and equipment to eliminate the problem of loosing a lot of scent strength compared to the original batch.

So Creme or Shave Soap?

Also almost all the Roll Up Shave Sticks are finished but all need to be labeled which we will do as soon as we move. They are 3 oz of soap and I’ve been using the Greenfresh and it really does build into a really nice lather I’m just trying to get used to a stick as I’ve been rolling on to much soap. So I end up with mounds of lather.
This is a new base made especially for the roll up sticks.

Thank you!

Frank

Sorry about your trials and tribulations Frank! That is a lot of stress. But sounds like it will be a happy landing for the longer term.

As far as your bases are concerned - while I love all your products - my favs by far are in the F base - I much prefer not to bowl lather if possible. Shave sticks sound awesome!

Back