The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Money No Object Wishlist

Over the years I have been able to find and get a decent working version of pretty much everything I LNOW I want. From the Mk10 straight razor I have that is in about as used condition as it can be to the plethora of DE and SE razors that are lightly used to brand new, to the various soaps I wanted to try, I have most of what I have looked for or have made a decent enough proxy to scratch my itch . If money were no object I suppose I would set out to find better quality or NOS versions of the things I really cherish then remodel my shave den and other storage locations to allow easier access and display. What started for me as a 1 small drawer hobby has taken over many more drawers ...first blooming to the hidden shelves in the closet and under the sinks then taking over a closet, no it requires a room, a soap lab and an office. (and the garage and my car and the trailer and my dad's garage AND a carefully timed delivery system). The worse part? I shave with a relatively small rotation of gear that I don't necessarily enjoy just because I have so many things to choose from I can't decide. Maybe since $ is no object I employ a butler to set up my daily shave.

Over the years I have been able to find and get a decent working version of pretty much everything I LNOW I want. From the Mk10 straight razor I have that is in about as used condition as it can be to the plethora of DE and SE razors that are lightly used to brand new, to the various soaps I wanted to try, I have most of what I have looked for or have made a decent enough proxy to scratch my itch . If money were no object I suppose I would set out to find better quality or NOS versions of the things I really cherish then remodel my shave den and other storage locations to allow easier access and display. What started for me as a 1 small drawer hobby has taken over many more drawers ...first blooming to the hidden shelves in the closet and under the sinks then taking over a closet, no it requires a room, a soap lab and an office. (and the garage and my car and the trailer and my dad's garage AND a carefully timed delivery system). The worse part? I shave with a relatively small rotation of gear that I don't necessarily enjoy just because I have so many things to choose from I can't decide. Maybe since $ is no object I employ a butler to set up my daily shave.

I wish I had thought of that. Shave butler lol

shave with a relatively small rotation of gear that I don't necessarily enjoy just because I have so many things to choose from
Why don’t you change that to a small rotation of gear that you really enjoy? Lives to short to shave with stuff you don’t enjoy!

Why don’t you change that to a small rotation of gear that you really enjoy? Lives to short to shave with stuff you don’t enjoy!
That is a GOOD question. I did recently pull out one of my more enjoyable straight razors with the intention of using it more, I have also THROWN IN THE TRASH several soaps I got tired of looking at so I could move more desirable soaps to the front (yes, there were several CBL classics in the pile along with a few random others). I was just thinking last night how I MIGHT be bored with my stuff and in the mood to sell off my old stuff and start looking for new stuff (razors more than anything else) Just a thought.

Honestly, I really can't think of too much I want, other than intangibles (gain familiarity with and like my current razor, for example).

However I do have one idea... Since this is a ' sky's the limit ' ordeal, how about a financial deal with one of the vendors to automatically send me a larger sample (½ oz maybe?) of every soap that comes out. The ultimate subscription!

Shaving I don’t have any brushes or razor I want. Unlimited I would replace almost every soap in my den with a new scent just to have that much new to play with. And then go to town on fragrances. For sure I’d get the full line of Tom Ford.

The one piece of shave gear that I've always wanted since I first saw them, is a 'The Varlet' brush. Although, even if money was no object, I'd probably still need some more to get one. Lol.
EDIT: preferred shapes would be the Mega or Orion.
Pricey, but so, SO classy looking.

Nothing for razors or soaps.

Frags.....
- Xerjoff 1861 Naxos
- Roja Dove: Enigma/Creation E
- Argos: Triumph of Bacchus

I love me some tobacco scents.

Back