The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Modifying a Gillette Techmatic

uacowboy

"The Minuteman"
Concierge Emeritus
Hobbyist
Ok so i was given a Gillette Techmatic with a Schick Instamatic cartridge in it by a coworker who was going through some of his dads old stuff. Can i mod this to work with injector blades as is or do i need to get a Techmatic cartridge? and what is the normal process for modifying these to take an injector type blade?

Thanks!

Also i will post pics later since it is at home and i am not!

Well I went ahead and found/ordered a cartridge for it. If that doesn't shave well I will figure out if/how to modify it.
I have some experience shaving with them..... they do work very well. I did a solid month on one blade setting. They are pretty smooth. I gave up just because I got bored with it.

20191204_060652.jpg

First shave with the techmatic this morning and man was it a nice shave! Ultra smooth and very efficient. This is going to sound controversial but, at least to me, the only way the Vector has this beat is availability of blades. I walked away super smooth with no irritation at all

20191204_060652.jpg

First shave with the techmatic this morning and man was it a nice shave! Ultra smooth and very efficient. This is going to sound controversial but, at least to me, the only way the Vector has this beat is availability of blades. I walked away super smooth with no irritation at all

Dang it, now I want one.

20191204_060652.jpg

Kyle's been drinking the Florida Water again.........................

Well I don't know about Vector close, but it really does give an efficient BBS.

Back