The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Owner Announcement MEMBER SHAVE VIDEO TERMS OF USAGE Update 07.07.2020 ( PLEASE READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
FORUM MEDIA SECTION: (UPDATED 07.07.2020) and now includes ALL Videos, regardless of subject posted in ANY Forum or Sub Forum of the TSC

Welcome to the Member MEDIA Section. the TSC strongly believes in "Self Policing", therefore this forum is a "one-strike" and delete policy for infractions. 3 infractions and you will be banned from posting here. Sounds Stern, but if not adopted this way it will become a moderation nightmare. BarberDave has primary moderation responsibilities for Media posted on the TSC, the TSC Website, and other Social Media platforms. The OWNERS are additional moderators of the aforementioned in its entirety,

Should you have any questions about your submitted videos please PM Dave or any of the other owners

Forum Media Rules

ALL Videos posted on The Shaving Cadre Website, Forum, Sub Forum, or Thread; regardless of content MUST REFERENCE The Shaving Cadre Forum

Videos posted must be of you shaving, to demonstrate your way of shaving whether it be Str8's, DE, SE, etc[*] No copyrighted or offensive music, You tube offers free music.

Other TSC content videos are allowed using the same guidelines in the subject matter posted

No links to outside forums, video channels other than your own, or Other TSC members that follow our guidelines, or forums that share or have similar content to The Shaving Cadre. No advertising any blogs other than your Youtube Channel in conjunction to the TSC

Requests for subscription. likes, or comments on videos posted to the TSC, MUST reference The Shaving Cadre Forum either in voice, photo or print, and must be used in such a way to promote subscribers for you and The Shaving Cadre Forum. It must be for mutual benefit.

All Content posted in the Media Forum and anywhere on the TSC is meant to be for the Benefit of the TSC Members and content not for this purpose can be spammed and linked to other sites which defeats the exclusivity of TSC content for it's members

All videos posted become the property of TSC, as they appear on this site and can be used for promotional purposes as warranted.

TSC holds no claim to member's individual YouTube channels, nor takes any responsibility for content on any specific members Media page.

Any videos deemed to violate the above rules will be deleted from the Media forum and explanation as to why PM'd to the member. The decision to moderate, or delete said videos is at the SOLE discretion of the ownership of TSC.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTING

Please when shaving wear a t-shirt and or towel, we do not need to see anything bare.

All Videos posted must be from a recognized source, i.e.: YouTube, Vimeo, ETC

They must be from your owned media source
It must not be just a link, it needs to show and be embedded

Try to make the videos as professional as possible. Mind that you are showing to an audience of our members, and in essence representing the TSC

On the tool bar click on the chain looking icon ( Link ) and paste your link in there. You will see a blue highlighted link. You can preview at this point. Once submitted your video will show in almost a full screen.

*The changes to the TOU are in an effort to protect ALL Branding of The Shaving Cadre, the TSC, www.theshavingcadre.com, it's logos and any reference to those aforementioned items . This is to protect the Brand, and to prevent the TSC website for being used for data mining to increase viewership, subscriptions and advertising. This is also to protect our membership from mailing lists and other forms of outside Marketing*

MEMBER SHAVE VIDEO SECTION

Welcome to the Member Shave Video Section. the TSC strongly believes in "Self Policing", therefore this forum is a "one-strike" and delete policy for infractions. 3 infractions and you will be banned from posting here. Sounds Stern, but if not adopted this way it will become a moderation nightmare. HandleBarberDave ( Dave ) is the moderator of the Media Section in its entirety, however Chris (CBLindsay), and Chad (Cvargo) moderate here as well.

Should you have any questions about your submitted videos please PM Dave or any of the other owners

Here are the Rules of the Road:

Videos posted must be of you shaving, to demonstrate your way of shaving whether it be Str8's, DE, SE, etc[*] No copyrighted or offensive music, You tube offers free music.

Please when shaving wear a t-shirt or towel, we do not need to see anything bare.

No links to outside forums, video channels other than your own, or forums, No advertising of your channel or blog

No requests for subscriptions, likes, or comments on videos posted to the TSC

Try to make the videos as professional as possible. Mind that you are showing to an audience of our members.

Any videos deemed to violate the above rules will be deleted from the Media forum and explanation as to why PM'd to the member. The decision to moderate, or delete said videos is at the SOLE discretion of the ownership of TSC.

All videos posted become the property of TSC, as they appear on this site and can be used for promotional purposes as warranted.

TSC holds no claim to member's individual YouTube channels, nor takes any responsibility for content on any specific members Media page.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTING

All Videos posted must be from a recognized source, i.e.: YouTube, Vimeo, ETC
They must be from your owned media source
It must not be just a link, it needs to show and be embedded

On the tool bar click on the chain looking icon ( Link ) and paste your link in there. You will see a blue highlighted link. You can preview at this point. Once submitted your video will show in almost a full screen.

If you have trouble please PM Dave or other TSC owner.

We hope you enjoy and contribute to this unique Media Sub Forum.

Dave, Chris, Chad,
TSC Ownership

Last edited by a moderator:
No links to outside forums, video channels other than your own, or forums, No advertising of your channel or blog

I'm new here, and I want to contribute to the forums. In my YouTube videos, I frequently link to other YouTubers that I mention in a video. I do not really do this as a promotion but rather as a way to give credit where credit is due. I also do the standard "please subscribe, like or dislike, comment, notifications" thing in my vids, but always at the end of the video. So I am concerned that I would be out of compliance with these two TOUs. So does that mean I should not share my YouTube videos in this forum? I am also not sure what "no advertising of your channel" means. Thanks in advance for the clarification. I just want to respect the rules of TSC and all the work you guys have put into building this community.

I'm new here, and I want to contribute to the forums. In my YouTube videos, I frequently link to other YouTubers that I mention in a video. I do not really do this as a promotion but rather as a way to give credit where credit is due. I also do the standard "please subscribe, like or dislike, comment, notifications" thing in my vids, but always at the end of the video. So I am concerned that I would be out of compliance with these two TOUs. So does that mean I should not share my YouTube videos in this forum? I am also not sure what "no advertising of your channel" means. Thanks in advance for the clarification. I just want to respect the rules of TSC and all the work you guys have put into building this community.

So i'll be honest, this was written when we were adopting the idea of the video library. It definitely needs to be updated.

Basically only post your CONTENT, don't post content of others to TSC and you are fine.
We don't want the POST on TSC to turn into an Ad. Make it about wetshaving and you are fine. In your video asking people to subscribe is definitely okay.
We always appreciate when members ask people to come to TSC and join here as well in their videos
Follow the YouTube TOU, and speak in your video how you would type on here.

Follow those 4 basic principles and you are going to be fine. We will work on updating this specific TOU in the mean time as we have definitely learned and grown a lot since this section of the forum was started.

@Cvargo would be the one to weigh in "officially" on this. Personally I see these rules as something to fall back on when there are issues, of which there rarely are. Several of these rules are not strictly enforced, nor would we want them to be. As long as someone is an active participant in the forums and not just using TSC as a vehicle to promote their videos there shouldn't be an issue.

Videos posted must be of you shaving, to demonstrate your way of shaving whether it be Str8's, DE, SE, etc[*]
We post non-shave videos frequently. How to roast coffee, unboxings, I did one on wine.

Gear's kids didn't get his videos banned for asking you to smash the subscribe button.

Try to make the videos as professional as possible.
Please, look at us....

So i'll be honest, this was written when we were adopting the idea of the video library. It definitely needs to be updated.

Basically only post your CONTENT, don't post content of others to TSC and you are fine.
We don't want the POST on TSC to turn into an Ad. Make it about wetshaving and you are fine. In your video asking people to subscribe is definitely okay.
We always appreciate when members ask people to come to TSC and join here as well in their videos
Follow the YouTube TOU, and speak in your video how you would type on here.

Follow those 4 basic principles and you are going to be fine. We will work on updating this specific TOU in the mean time as we have definitely learned and grown a lot since this section of the forum was started.
Thanks Cvargo! That is most helpful!

I think it is important to be clear to ALL here in the comments as it is in the written in the TOU (in fine legalese), we don’t want the forum used as a tool to build anyone’s individual YouTube channel for their own commercial purposes and if it looks like that is what is happening we would politely ask the vids to no longer be linked to the TSC. If they continued we would become angry like hulk and SMASH things.
We are very happy to see that our members have started personal channels and have built followings that include people inside and outside of the forum. We LOVE it when their channels are branded in ways that promote our forum and when they mention us and talk about us but the reality is (and our TOU’s don’t require) they aren’t required or expected to do so.

IF content of ANY kind is regularly being shared to our site that seems to promote other forums it is reasonable to expect us to edit or remove that content. I wouldn’t expect other forums to allow our members to regularly promote the TSC on their forums either.
other than all of that...what @Cvargo said.

Just thought of something: the day I start shaving in a shirt is the day I start videoing myself shaving!

In other words, you guys are just going to have to be tired of me for the inane words that I type!

And clothes...don’t forget to wear clothes...🙈
I recommend checking the mirrors and surroundings too. Plenty of fun stuff gets caught in reflections and peripheral views. It’s all about having fun and adding a new level of interaction between you and the community. Each person’s experience is different and their channel evolves differently.

I’m with you on the shirt shaving. A sacrifice I’m not keen to make, though the rule is for the best.

I recommend checking the mirrors and surroundings too. Plenty of fun stuff gets caught in reflections and peripheral views. It’s all about having fun and adding a new level of interaction between you and the community. Each person’s experience is different and their channel evolves differently.
Feeling better?

This has been addressed to the member directly, Thanks for the input guys and you are correct, if the "Barber" has not shaved your head, then the videos are fine, as to the TOUo_O:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back