The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Mega gentlemanly soap sample pass around - rules 'n' comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurseDave

“Stefan’s Glitterbomb King”
Legacy
First Responder
Concierge
Here it is boyz! 3 boxes of soapy goodness are available for your sniffing and use.

• Each box has its own thread of beginning inventory and sign-ups. I say beginning inventory because as the boxes move down the line individual samples may get used up.
  • Signups will be open to all members, but you must have 50 meaningful posts before you receive a box. This should not be a problem as they will not be moving quickly.
  • We ask each member to be in possession of only one box at a time. If you are currently in possession of a box and it's your turn for another, you will be bumped down one spot and we'll move down the list.

The boxes and process
  • Boxes A & B are large flat rate boxes. Box C will be medium or large.
  • When you receive a box enjoy it! Sniff all you can and pick many to use. Please use a clean utensil to remove soap from the sample containers for use.
  • You may keep each box for a week before sending it on to the next person. If you wish you may pull a knurdle from a few samples to use after you've passed the box on.
  • If you're using the last of a sample, please just remove it from the box. These won't be coming back to be refilled.
  • If you do not have it, please reach out to the next person in line for their address a few days prior to shipping. Then include me on the PM to them that includes the box number and tracking number.
  • Boxes A & B will have "freebie" bags. These are bags of repeat samples or sample remnants with only 1-2 uses to start with. This is what it sounds like, if you're interested in some of these and will use them, they are yours.
  • The freebies and the option of pulling parts of samples to use after passing the box on are the gentlemanly parts. These are the cadre's samples, not mine. So it is better they get used by the cadre. But you also need to think about those coming after you and take what is fair to leave some for the rest of the cadre.
  • Boxes A & B have their soaps divided up by one company per bag, please repack them that way and send on to the next in line.
  • Lastly, post your thoughts on the soaps in this thread of all to see.

I have been eagerly awaiting the sample pass return. Signed up and waiting!

Curious about the utility (futility?) of including samples from companies that are long gone and people couldn't purchase the soaps if they like the samples?

Curious about the utility (futility?) of including samples from companies that are long gone and people couldn't purchase the soaps if they like the samples?
I mean someone needs to use them up, right? Besides always good to know what was what if you missed it. Might spark conversations about "alternatives" or comparisons.

I dunno, that's how I was able to try Strop Shoppe Russian Tea and now I own like 15 tubs of Strop Shoppe.

I'm not complaining..... I was just curious.

that's how I was able to try Strop Shoppe Russian Tea and now I own like 15 tubs of Strop Shoppe.
That one was wildly popular back in the day, so there's a lot of it still out there.

A couple I saw in there you'd be hard pressed to find any. One of them isn't even from an artisan vendor. Just a guy who made soap for himself & family and gave a few tubs away. (Silver Fox) He never sold any of his soap.

Well KJ’s point could be why there are few sign ups. But I did agree to do a pass around when I inherited the boxes. Still time to sign up. I’ll get these moving soon. Given the small numbers, those that sign up can have a field day with them.

Given the small numbers, those that sign up can have a field day with them.
That seems like a lot of responsibility ;) . Considering how many samples there are, I'll be shaving until the end of time on those.

I'm just going to end up shadow passing this to someone. I have some of your addresses :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back