The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Meet ups

gobucks5485

Shave Member
I am kinda new to this Cadre so please forgive me if this has been brought up?
I was delighted last Oct to go to a meet up in Louisville that was on the reddit wet shaving sight. It was truly a fantastic day. We had some artisans meet with us. Shawn from Chatillon Lux and Heather from Zingari man were there.
I know it is a regional thing. But I would love to hear where people are from and if there is a region that is close to many we can look into doing something like this.
I know I am driving to Maggards the last Saturday in May for there meetup. Looking for people to car pool?
So let me start and give you my location.

I am from the great state of OHIO. Were one of the best college football programs ever is and that of course would be THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!
I live in Fairfield which is about 20 min north of Cincinnati (sadly home if the worst NFL team)
Thanks and GO BUCKS!!

I’m from Missouri, about an hour outside of Kansas City. I’ve hosted a few smaller meetups (6-10 folks) in the past, and it’s always a good time. Looking to start another one soon, just finding locations to hold them is the challenge.

Would love to attend a larger event some day.

There has been talk of a Cadrefest somewhere easy to get to cheaply. Ie. Vegas, Orlando, but logistics of such an undertaking are onerous on a young group like ours.

I am kinda new to this Cadre so please forgive me if this has been brought up?
I was delighted last Oct to go to a meet up in Louisville that was on the reddit wet shaving sight. It was truly a fantastic day. We had some artisans meet with us. Shawn from Chatillon Lux and Heather from Zingari man were there.
I know it is a regional thing. But I would love to hear where people are from and if there is a region that is close to many we can look into doing something like this.
I know I am driving to Maggards the last Saturday in May for there meetup. Looking for people to car pool?
So let me start and give you my location.

I am from the great state of OHIO. Were one of the best college football programs ever is and that of course would be THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!
I live in Fairfield which is about 20 min north of Cincinnati (sadly home if the worst NFL team)
Thanks and GO BUCKS!!

Is the Maggards meet up in Michigan.
If so I be Interested I only live an hour and a half from Maggards.
When is it you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Maggards meet up in Michigan.
If so I be Interested I only live an hour and a half from Maggards.
When is it you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is north of Detroit
It is always the Saturday after memorial day.

I'm in the Denver area and attend several meet ups every year.

We are having an afternoon get together in Denver on 'Leap Day' Feb. 29, but so far it looks like it may just be 5 of us.

I'm leaving today for the 'Texas razor makers meet' at Charlie Lewis' shop for 5 days of forging, grinding, and BBQ. We are expecting 20+ and typically go ~12 hours /day 😛

Meet ups are one of my favorite parts of the hobby. I've met several people who really rubbed me the wrong way on line, but in person we got on fine.

I'd like to see a 'Meet up' section here at 'The Shaving Cadre'.

Last edited:
In the flintknapping community we have what are called Knap-in's where we get together and flintknap / have a show & tell. They are small get together's or they can be huge gatherings with 100's of knappers. I even host a monthly one at my shop that's just 3 or 4 of us at the most.
Can't imagine a Shave-in :LOL: The concept of meeting others on TSC is pretty cool. When @ShawnF came out to help with the cabin build it was neat to finally meet someone I'd only talked to on the forum. He was every bit as good a guy as I thought he was.

Just remember that these meets happen every year, until suddenly they don't.
True! There used to be a pretty big meetup of primarily straight razor users that would meet in the KC area, every year. It was an entire weekend of honing, and demonstrations, and BBQ and fellowship. I only got to attend once, and it was amazing. They stopped holding it shortly after that.

I’m going to the Maggard Shave meet again this year. Went last year and met a lot of really nice people and had a lot of fun. I highly recommend it.

6 to 7 hr drive for me but it was worth it. Any members from Western NY state that want to car pool might make the drive not as boring.

I’m going to the Maggard Shave meet again this year. Went last year and met a lot of really nice people and had a lot of fun. I highly recommend it.

6 to 7 hr drive for me but it was worth it. Any members from Western NY state that want to car pool might make the drive not as boring.

I look forward to it. this will be my 1st year. I have already prepped my wife so she will not be shocked when I get back ha ha.
I mostly look forward to meet the people behind the product. One thing from my past communications with artisans is that they totally appreciate our business.

Question where do you reside in western New York. And is there any shops that carry your product? I will be going threw New York in August on our way to Maine and stopping at Cooperstown and Saratoga.
Will from Barrister and Mann mentioned to me he loves to have a drink or 2 with customers. So I plan to take him up on this .

Back