The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Lupo SS. Razorock’s crown jewel....

I just ordered one to give it a try. I’ll post a review once it’s here unless some one beats me to it.
From what I've read elsewhere, the 58 is the gap on their original Aluminum Lupo.

My guess is it'll be a touch more efficient than the Alum (due to weight). Should be a smooth shaver, though, as the Aluminum was IMO.

For my tastes, after trying the 72 and 95, the Lupo has a bit too much blade feel. I did appreciate the Alum version, though. My guess is this 58 is going to really round out the line and give everyone a razor they can use.

Kudos to Razorock for adding this one.

I just ordered one to give it a try. I’ll post a review once it’s here unless some one beats me to it.
Thanks.
For my tastes, after trying the 72 and 95, the Lupo has a bit too much blade feel.
That's how I felt too. I have the Lupo 72, and to me it has more blade feel than my GC 84. I prefer to shave with the GC 84 but I love the design and look of the Lupo. Maybe the Lupo 58 will be the sweet spot for me.

I have a GameChanger 84P and am interested in the Lupo. Would the Lupo 72 or Lupo 95 have any benefit over the GameChanger? I have a little trouble with my left jawline and neck but really like my GameChanger, just curious.

RazoRock just released a Lupo 95 Open Comb this month.

RazoRock-Lupo-Open-Comb-95-UFO-Handle_large.png

From what I’ve read, the Lupo is supposed to be a bit smoother in shave than the GC, making it feel like a smaller blade gap than it really is. Haven’t experienced the Lupo to say so myself.

I received my Lupo 95 yesterday evening and immediately shaved with it. I had five days growth and used my normal blade, a Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow which is what I've been shaving with for a few months.

The shave was uneventful, no improved maneuverabilty or any other perceived benefits compared to the GameChanger, but when I was done I noticed the difference, as did my wife. The Lupo with the 7OC Yellow blade left me with an amazingly smooth BBS...smoother with the GameChanger with the same blade and even smoother than the GameChanger with a Feather blade. I haven't been able to quite get that level of smoothness with my GameChanger, though the GameChanger is a great razor.

The GameChanger and Lupo both have quite a bit of blade feel which doesn't bother me a bit. I really like the audible feedback they both provide while shaving...I can hear them working which is very reassuring. I'm not sure I need to keep both razors as I think they are very close to each other but prefer the results I get with the Lupo. I may sell off the GameChanger and get a Lupo 72 head.

I also tried the HD handle from Razorock and prefer their UFO handle by a large margin, though I wish Razorock would make a hollow handle.

I received my Lupo 95 yesterday evening and immediately shaved with it. I had five days growth and used my normal blade, a Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow which is what I've been shaving with for a few months.

The shave was uneventful, no improved maneuverabilty or any other perceived benefits compared to the GameChanger, but when I was done I noticed the difference, as did my wife. The Lupo with the 7OC Yellow blade left me with an amazingly smooth BBS...smoother with the GameChanger with the same blade and even smoother than the GameChanger with a Feather blade. I haven't been able to quite get that level of smoothness with my GameChanger, though the GameChanger is a great razor.

The GameChanger and Lupo both have quite a bit of blade feel which doesn't bother me a bit. I really like the audible feedback they both provide while shaving...I can hear them working which is very reassuring. I'm not sure I need to keep both razors as I think they are very close to each other but prefer the results I get with the Lupo. I may sell off the GameChanger and get a Lupo 72 head.

I also tried the HD handle from Razorock and prefer their UFO handle by a large margin, though I wish Razorock would make a hollow handle.
Maybe do a couple more shave comparisons before you make the final decision…but congrats! Sounds like there’s a new king of the den!

Maybe do a couple more shave comparisons before you make the final decision…but congrats! Sounds like there’s a new king of the den!
I agree. I did another three passes today and have a little irritation. Maybe not a daily razor for me or maybe I need to teach my face a lesson and shave daily with the Lupo some more. Probably will take Saturday off and shave Sunday morning before church and see how it goes.

Just a copy & paste from another forum on my initial shave experience with the RR Lupo .95 OC. Didn’t wan to edit. Just call me lazy…. :sneaky:

Batter’s box today and in steps the Lupo .95 OC. Last shave was Thursday evening with the TFC Brass and wanted a couple days of whisker growth for the initial shave and just for the simple reason that I could. Went with a fresh K.C. Gillette Platinum, Taconic Tequila/Lime shave cream and the face freezing yet oh so soothing Stirling Lemon Chill Glacial. Yeah, I was expecting a doozy. But, that’s not what I got. In my 10-15 minutes of me time and my almost sacred shave ritual, I was transported to a tropical white sand beach somewhere along the equator with a Tequila Samurai shooter in hand (Don Julio Reposado) and with what feels like the entire Bering Glacier in Alaska sitting on my face. Aaahhhh, total shave nirvana. The shave was blissfully exquisite and gave me exactly what the RR Lupo .95 OC was meant to do. What is that you say? Well, the tiniest amount of blade feel over its SB brother, an uptick in razor/blade cutting feedback and an almost equal feel in glide & smoothness to its SB counterpart. No harshness nor an aggressive or overly aggressive shave action in my first shave experience. A breakdown of the shave nor an explanation of what this Lupo does and delivers is not needed on my part as the posters here before me have done a mahvelous job in detailing and explaining the pros and some cons of this razor quite accurately. The negatives are extremely and grossly outweighed by the positive attributes and characteristics of the RR Lupo .95 OC. I see no weakness nor do I think there are negatives that could place this razor in a negative light or in the shade of a storm cloud.

I can’t tell you which one I like more of the two only after one shave. I’ve had the .95 SB longer and I truly love that razor. More time is needed to get a few more shaves under my belt with the OC .95 to see how the shaves stack up to one another. It’s going to be another real good week of shaves ahead and that is a fact on my end, gents.

Great shaves to all…

F2594ED2-76E3-4F34-AA4D-1456DBF41CB5.jpeg

Yep, another one. RR Lupo .95 OC & King C. Gillette Platinum again for this evenings shave. Nothing but smooth, efficient and comfortable. An easy 2 pass shave with some minor buffing on the chin and corner stache areas. The Stirling Gin & Tonic soap has plenty slickness but, the Ethos Lather stick just takes it to another level. Superb glide and protection not that the Lupo felt aggressive or bitey because it did not. Just another excellent shave from this razor and honestly, I wasn’t expecting anything less. It delivered and then some.

Great shaves to all…

C74134AF-CB8E-4B39-9DA3-6AF2FC342688.jpeg

The more I use the RR Lupo .95 OC, the more I like it. The SB counterpart is for me a tick or two smoother but, the gain in shave feel and cutting prowess of the OC might be a definite worthwhile trade-off between the two for many. So close of a call between these razors. Still might need a couple more shaves with it and one with the SB to see if there is a clear King of RR razors in my den. And Ethos Success is as always the elite performer that is is. Great lather, glide and awesome protection with an aroma that rivals the mighty Creed elixir. Great shave and great scents.

Great shaves to all…

785284B5-1C87-431E-89E5-B6DB398A0BB0.jpeg

It was another good one with the Lupo .95 OC. I won’t tell you that it’s superior to its SB brethren because, it is not. It all depends on what you’re looking for in your shave and what one needs to be addressed. They are both equally superb in terms of value, performance & craftsmanship. A smooth efficient and easy on the skin shaver, the .95 SB will do tremendously well. Want some extra ooomph in blade feel while hardly trading any of the inherent qualities of the SB, the .95 OC will fit the bill to a tee. Personally, I do prefer the .95 SB just by a hair as it gives me the perfect combination of smoothness and cutting prowess that I look for in a shaver. But, in all fairness I feel that it’s not redundant in owning both as they both serve their purpose equally well. Both winners in my book and the OC has a permanent spot in my shave den for many years to come.

Great shaves to all…

7BA8DD2B-ADF8-44BC-9657-2C8106EB282D.jpeg

I can easily shave through 7 days growth with any of my razors to include cartridge razors (when I had those). The challenge is getting a smooth result. The Lupo 95 will give a great result but it most definately not a daily shaver for me. The Lupo 72 is a much better match for my face and lack of skills, and makes me wonder how the Lupo 58 would be. I have the GameChanger 84 and 84OC and those are also excellent, though redundant, razors.

RazoRock really has a lot of great options.

Lupo .95 & Bic Chrome Platinum. As smooth a shave a man can get. The Dragonsbeard/Ethos V2 soap and splash are just an awesome bonus. Nothing to complain about this evening with the shave results ending in a BBS finish from face to neck in 2.5 passes. Awesome shave.

EC9A5B60-FF94-49F9-8AC4-43EBF6927BAE.jpeg

Last edited:
A great shave just completed. No drum roll or a big change in the razor hierarchy within the Lupo line up. I still prefer the Lupo .95 SB over the .72 OC. The thing is that I think I like the .72 OC over the .95 OC. Not 100% sure yet as I would need to put the .72 OC through a couple more shaves and then perhaps do a straight up head to head with the .95 OC to get real time feel and fresh data in my mind.

The Lupo .72 OC is a smooth operator with just enough blade feel to give good tactile feel on what it’s doing stroke after stroke. I can’t give a perspective vs its .72 SB counterpart but, it is just a smidge tamer against the .95 SB while still giving great audible feedback and still quite comfortable against the skin. No regrets in bringing the newest sibling into the shave den and hanging in the Lupo corral with the .95 SB & OC. Went with all Razorock today sans the brush as that’s from APShaveCo. XXX with its light cooling menthol and Colonia vibe was icing on the cake.

Great shaves to all….

ACC60DF5-AEFD-4FDD-A77D-630B24CABEE9.jpeg
41213C7F-D292-4FAA-A762-9E1F06C9B27D.jpeg
4F8588F7-D57F-4BD5-8BE0-E5FFA47663C6.jpeg

Back