The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

LNHC Coconut Oud?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
This question is for those of you who have used Coconut Oud in both the old Premium line and the new Artisan line.....

How does the strength of scent compare?

I ask because I have Coconut Oud and one other scent from the old premium line and the scent is fantastic, and probably a 3-3.5, but the three new artisan line scents that I bought are all very weak, like a 1 to maybe a 2. I’m wondering if this is a common theme among the new line or if it’s just these scents.

Comparing the two, KJ, I would say the old Premium line is scented a tad stronger. If you're smelling it at a 3-3.5, I would say the new Artisan line comes in at 2 on the low end up to maybe a 2.5 or 3. Slightly weaker, but not incredibly so.

BTW, I did let mine air out for 24 hours, and that anamalic scent note I got before is now not there.

Thanks. I was worried it was going to be weaker. Maybe something in the new base is affecting the fragrance?

Back