The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations

NickCard

Sr. Shave Member
I have Doc Holliday and aisle of Skye. What other scents do I need from LNHC? And, if anyone has tried Lisa’s new premium soap, are there any tangible differences from her prior, sheep’s milk and tallow base (which I think is outstanding)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Doc Holliday and aisle of Skye. What other scents do I need from LNHC? And, if anyone has tried Lisa’s new premium soap, are there any tangible differences from her prior, sheep’s milk and tallow base (which I think is outstanding)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes

I have Lisa's newest soap base in the "One." Scent is based on "The One" by D&G. To me it's a very nice masculine and sultry scent. I also have some of her other scents in the previous soap base (Tashmere and Smoked Black Tea). I highly recommend Tashmere. It's lightly sweet but earthy at the same time with a hint of florals.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either base. The both load and lather easily. They both perform great as a soap. If there is one significant difference...I think the newer soap base feel better on the skin post shave. But honestly...we are really just splitting hairs. I love both bases and I love a lot of Lisa's scents.

Hope this helps.

I have Lisa's newest soap base in the "One." Scent is based on "The One" by D&G. To me it's a very nice masculine and sultry scent. I also have some of her other scents in the previous soap base (Tashmere and Smoked Black Tea). I highly recommend Tashmere. It's lightly sweet but earthy at the same time with a hint of florals.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either base. The both load and lather easily. They both perform great as a soap. If there is one significant difference...I think the newer soap base feel better on the skin post shave. But honestly...we are really just splitting hairs. I love both bases and I love a lot of Lisa's scents.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Don. I really like the 2 soaps I have, which are in the older base. The Somali Rose sounds like an interesting scent, as does Tashmere.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hope this helps.
So let me just get some clarification on this older statement here @dangerousdon ...

As you mentioned One, you are talking about the Artisan sheep's milk (older) vs the brand new one, premium sheep's milk (I think that's the only base One is in...). Correct?

What's your opinion between all three? How do you rate the first clay base? I got some samples of Somali Rose in both natural clay and sheep's milk. Both were good, but I felt like I had more protection from the clay, and better post shave feel from Sheep's milk. I ended up mixing the two samples, lol.

Somali Rose is now on her site as the new Premium base (yea!). It's not yet available, but I'm guess it close enough that Lisa's prepping for it.

Thus my question. I need to figure out if I am I buying a tub of the new base or just an ounce of the new base to add to my frankenstein tub. Decisions decisions.

Thanks.

The "One" soap I had was in the newest soap version.

So...while I think the clay version of her soaps was pretty good and better than a lot (it was super slick for sure), I actually care for it the least. I was a HUGE fan of the Artisan Sheep's Milk version. I had it in Smoked Black Tea and Tashmere. To be honest...I like the Premium version (newest) slightly better than the other two, but it's really just slightly better than the Artisan for me. I like both significantly better than the clay base. But that is just me.

So...while I think the clay version of her soaps was pretty good and better than a lot (it was super slick for sure), I actually care for it the least. I was a HUGE fan of the Artisan Sheep's Milk version. I had it in Smoked Black Tea and Tashmere. To be honest...I like the Premium version (newest) slightly better than the other two, but it's really just slightly better than the Artisan for me. I like both significantly better than the clay base. But that is just me.
Thanks Don!

Actually what you purchased was not my final, it was one of my test batches.

The final version of the premium is available and in that scent as well along with some others. I included some unisex and feminine scents to the lineup this time.

Other scents will be coming randomly, so if I don't have a scent available and there is more interest in a certain scent I will bring it in if possible. I always like to know what my customers want.

Actually what you purchased was not my final, it was one of my test batches.

The final version of the premium is available and in that scent as well along with some others. I included some unisex and feminine scents to the lineup this time.

Other scents will be coming randomly, so if I don't have a scent available and there is more interest in a certain scent I will bring it in if possible. I always like to know what my customers want.
Well then...looks like I need another soap! 🤪

Lisa’s Orange-Patchouli. Grossly underrated offering from this lovely lady. Think of chugging a large glass of OJ as soon as your done mowing the lawn in the early morning sunrise with that fresh green cut green grass aroma mingled in with some earthy slightly dirty nuance of Patchouli. I breath deep every single time. Love this stuff…..

565A5ACD-F254-4063-A70E-DD323B4EDCB1.jpeg

I have several of Lisa's soaps in the older clay base, which I love. Favorites are Somali Rose and Gentlemen's Lavender.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Lisa's Natural has been around a while and really like her OG soap base, the Sandalwood Pachouli especially. The softer artisan Premium base I only tried in Somali Rose and it burned my skin. Have a sample of Pumpkin Oud in the newer base and find it an unusual soap as far as lathering but have had some great shaves with it thus far.

Back