The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Let's All 3017... 2019 Chiseled Face Edition

dkeester

"TSC's Master of Bourbon"
I want to get 2019 off to an elite start. So, I am proposing a group 3017 project.

Let's all 3017 Chiseled Face!

Here are the rules for anyone who wants to participate:
1) Before January 1 acquire a new and unused tub of CFG soap. (GTB is preferred, but any CFG scent is fair game. Stubble Buster soap is allowable since it is produced by the same artisan.*)
1.5) If you already have an existing tub of a CFG product. Bring it! No need to buy a new one.
2) At your option acquire the matching AS and/or EdP if available. However, 3017ing the AS or EdP is not required for this exercise.
3) Post here what your chosen product is. (I think it will be fun to know what everyone is using.) I will edit this post listing everyone's choices.
4) On January first have your first shave with your chosen product.
5) Shave with only the chosen product until the tub is empty.
6) At your option keep track, by weight, of your soap utilization and post here about it.
7) Cheat days are allowed. But, to make it interesting each participant is only allowed a total of 4 cheat days for the duration of the exercise.
8) Post in this thread at least once a week to let us all know how the 3017 is progressing. This is about sharing the experience after all, so let's talk about it while we are doing it.
9) When the tub is empty make a post in the "bottom of a tub" thread (https://www.theshavingcadre.com/post/the-bottom-of-a-tub-9709022) with a pic of your empty tub.

So, who's with me?

Participants:
1) dkeester - Sherlock
2) cvargo - Trade Winds
3) DocHoliday0831 - Ghost Town Barber
4) Dave in KY - Ghost Town Barber
5) uacowboy - Summer Storm
6) SteveChuckFrank - Ghost Town Barber
7) Sharp's - Ghost Town Barber
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

This should be lots of fun.

* = Tiki and LASS are also allowed due to being produced by the same artisan.

I commit to using the Sherlock scent for this exercise. I already own GTB and want to try another scent. I will be acquiring the matching AS and EdP.

I also commit to using only GTB on my cheat days, if I decide to use them.

Oh this is tempting. But I have a feeling KJ will do the Williams one right after in February. Hmm...

Has to be unused?

I have been meaning to buy some Trade Winds.

Not in yet

GTB is on my list of things to get but I have a few soaps to finish first.
By the way, would LA Shaving Soap count? Isn't it from Groomatorium, too?

Oh this is tempting. But I have a feeling KJ will do the Williams one right after in February. Hmm...

Has to be unused?

I have been meaning to buy some Trade Winds.

Not in yet

I had forgotten about the February Williams 3017. If KJ is planning to keep the tradition going, then I can postpone this until Spring.

GTB is on my list of things to get but I have a few soaps to finish first.
By the way, would LA Shaving Soap count? Isn't it from Groomatorium, too?
Yes, he produces and distributes LASS and Tiki Bar now. I was thinking that we should keep it to just Groomatorium original products, but if people want to go with either of those I wouldn't object. This is just for fun after all.

I had forgotten about the February Williams 3017. If KJ is planning to keep the tradition going, then I can postpone this until Spring.
You're in first, run with it.

Im undecided if I want to do the Williams thing here or not. 3017s really just aren’t my style.

You're in first, run with it.

Im undecided if I want to do the Williams thing here or not. 3017s really just aren’t my style.
I will happily keep the "group 3017" thing going with the Cadre, since you are not really into it. I hope you will join us for a few shaves at least.

I will happily keep the "group 3017" thing going with the Cadre, since you are not really into it. I hope you will join us for a few shaves at least.
Not for this one, unfortunately. I don’t like any of their scents. Bought the whole sampler. That’s one brand, I just can’t get into.

I think my bad blades will probably still be going. So I'm in. I'll be buying the Trade Winds

Will a lightly used tub work without buying a new one?
While this is just meant to be a fun exercise, I like the idea of everyone starting from scratch as it were. For me part of the fun of 3017ing is knowing the stats for your soap, like the number of shaves that it took to complete and how much soap was used per shave. It is easier to track that starting from new. Also, it means that everyone is starting at the same place with the same task ahead of them.

If you want to start with a lightly used tub, I can't (and won't) stop you. And if it gets more people to join in then it probably is a good thing. It isn't really a competition or anything like that.

Not for this one, unfortunately. I don’t like any of their scents. Bought the whole sampler. That’s one brand, I just can’t get into.
What about his other brand, Stubble Buster? I would also allow LASS and Tiki since he now makes those too.

Two words...No Way Jose!
That's Don for you, always using three words when two would work.
1f61b.png
1f61b.png
1f61b.png

Sorry, for me, that’s a brand/group that I just can’t support.
Bummer. Sorry you won't be joining us. Feel free to point and laugh with Don.

Although, there won't be much to laugh at. This is going to be awesome.

Bummer. Sorry you won't be joining us. Feel free to point and laugh with Don.

Although, there won't be much to laugh at. This is going to be awesome.

Nah. No laughing. I support the solidarity among Cadre brothers/sisters no matter what. Enjoy!

Back