The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Let's 3017 a product...

primotenore

Shave Member
One drawback of having an enormous shave den, is that nothing ever seems to get used up.
Therefore, I am on a personal quest to FINISH MY GEAR! This'll mostly be all about soaps, but the occasional stank juice might rear it's stinky head. ;)
Currently, I am working my way through a tub of Tallow + Steel Kyoto. I have reached the point, where I have removed the soap from the tub and transferred it into my Aesop Stainless Steel shaving bowl. (This is always good news).

I hope that some of you will join me and together, let's whittle down that ridiculous amount of software! 💪

Hey Primo - we actually have a thread for folks like you that are whittling down their stash:

Enjoy my friend and good luck in your quest!

Oh, and some folks have decided to do that specifically to a Williams puck along with one blade - crazies 😂!

Hey Primo - we actually have a thread for folks like you that are whittling down their stash:

Enjoy my friend and good luck in your quest!

Oh, and some folks have decided to do that specifically to a Williams puck along with one blade - crazies 😂!

Thanks for that. This will be different, as I want the participants to TRACK their usage. Comment, jest, complain, etc. In other words, the JOURNEY to the empty tub.

I don’t have a huge den, but enough soaps to gag a maggot, as the say! I am feeling the need to work things down too.

Quite a few 3017ers here!

Wednesday, February 8
Day Seven
wger.jpg
Tallow + Steel Kyoto~~CH2 Synthetic~~British Red Tip/Gillette 7 O'Clock Black~~Swiss Arabian Mukhalat Malaki
The T+S, while disintegrating from poor saponification, continues to lather well. I took the remainder of the soap and pressed it into
my Aesop SS Bowl. This is a great sign as it signals the beginning of the end.
To prospective 3017ers, if you have never experienced the thrill of focusing on AND finishing a product, I highly encourage you to join this thread.

Back