The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Laser printers

Bummer, no laser printers on their website right now.

Canon is good. We have one. The toner and drum are built into the same cartridge so no double replacement... Some are seperate.. Ours is the mf230 series canon printer the b/w one but they have color ones too. The toner cartridges can be picked up on ebay for a really good price. We bought a 2 pack for less than 20 bucks I think. The packs seem to last a decent time. ( like enough toner for around 2 thousand pages ) from each toner pack..

Last edited:
@NurseDave here is a color all in one laser at
Canon Color imageCLASS MF641Cw - Multifunction, Mobile Ready Laser Printer - Walmart.com

its 199.00 I looked on ebay and you can buy toner pack with all the color and black toner packs for 38 dollars or more depending on how many sets you order at once....
Dang, that’s screaming cheap. Gotta wonder why, but at $200 it would be worth finding out. Walmart is one of the stores we boycott though. I’ll keep searching them out when we go to Costco.

Dang, that’s screaming cheap. Gotta wonder why, but at $200 it would be worth finding out. Walmart is one of the stores we boycott though. I’ll keep searching them out when we go to Costco.
Yeah I had just did the search and found that one and thought I would let you know.. I know sometimes even with a store I hate if they have something cheaper than everywhere else I will get it from them anyway.. Sometimes some places have better deals because of quantities they can purchase are larger so they get a better deal but other times its because like on laser printers the toner packs are smaller starter packs so they can sell it cheaper..

This will be followed by My opinion...

MF641Cw-head-on-hero-d.jpg
Designed for home and small offices, the Canon Color imageCLASS MF641Cw printer offers feature-rich capabilities with high-quality imaging and minimal maintenance. Print, scan, and copy capabilities help you accomplish necessary tasks with just one machine. A 5" color touchscreen delivers an intuitive user experience and can be customized by a device administrator to simplify many daily tasks.

These are my thoughts so far...

Okay this is about that Printer I mentioned made by Canon that was a color laser .. Well we bought one of them and this thing is great. It was easy to set up and connect with our wifi and seems to work with all the devices I have tried to print from so far. the toner comes in individual packs that are Black , Cyan , Magenta and Yellow.. I found several reputable sellers that have a complete set of toner cartridges for less than 40 dollars. The printer comes with starter toner cartridges and have a lower page yield than the full size packs which the following specs are for the full size.. The Page Yield is: 3,100 pages (black toner) and 2,300 pages (color toner) for the toner packs which is a lot better than inkjet yields of about 130 pages out of the inkjet cartridge which typically cost about twice as much as this laser printers toner packs. The print quality is fantastic and it took almost no time ( about 1 to 2 seconds ) to print an 8x10 photo.. This printer also has a nice sized touch screen display and features USB 2.0 x2 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device) High-Speed, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (Network), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Wi-Fi® Direct Connection. Paper capacity is 250 sheets of 20 lb paper
These are the Specs of this printer...

Color imageCLASS MF641Cw​

MAIN UNIT
CORE FUNCTIONSPrint, Copy, Scan, Send (Lite)
ITEM CODE3102C019
PROCESSORCanon Custom Processor
CONTROL PANEL5" Color Touch Panel
MEMORY1 GB
STANDARD INTERFACE CONNECTIONUSB 2.0 x2 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device) High-Speed, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (Network), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Wi-Fi® Direct Connection
PAPER CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)250 Sheets
PAPER SOURCES (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)Standard: 250-sheet Paper Cassette, 1-sheet Stack Bypass
PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)75 Sheets
SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPESCassettes: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Thick, Coated,
Label, Letter, Envelope (10 Envelopes)
Manual Feed Slot: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Thick, Coated,
Label, Letter, Envelope (1 Envelope)
SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZESCassettes: Letter, Legal, Statement, Executive
Envelope: COM10, Monarch, C5, DL
Custom (Min. 3" x 5" to Max. 8.5" x 14")
Manual Feed Slot: Letter, Legal, Statement, Executive
Envelope: COM10, Monarch, C5, DL
Custom (Min. 3" x 5" to Max. 8.5" x 14")
SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTSCassettes: 16 lb. Bond to 53 lb. Bond ( 60 to 200 g/m2)
Manual Feed Slot: 16 lb. Bond to 53 lb. Bond ( 60 to 200 g/m2)
WARM-UP TIMEFrom Power On: 13 Seconds or Less;
From Sleep Mode: 6.1 Seconds or Less
DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)Standard (Desktop): 16.9" x 16.5" x 14.3" (429 mm x 419 mm x 363 mm)
Box: 23.4" x 23.0" x 21.3" (594 mm x 584 mm x 541 mm)
INSTALLATION SPACE (W x D x H)Standard (Desktop): 17.8" x 33.3" x 26.8" (451 mm x 847 mm x 681 mm)
WEIGHT3Unit: Approx. 39.6 lb. (18 kg)
Boxed Weight: Approx. 53.9 lb.(25 kg)
SUPPORTED OSWindows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10/Windows Server 2008/Windows Server 2008 R2/Windows Server 2012/ Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2016 / Mac OS X v10.9.5 (or later)
WHAT COMES IN THE BOXMF641Cw Product, ( These are Starter Toner Cartridges and not what you would buy as replacements) Cartridge 054 CMY Starter: 680 Yield/Black Standard: 1,500 Yield, Power Cord, Starter Guide, User Software DVD-ROM, Warranty Card5
PRINT SPECIFICATIONS
PRINTING METHODLaser Beam Printing
PRINT SPEED4Up to 18 ppm (Letter/Legal)
FIRST PRINT-OUT TIMEApprox. 10.3 Seconds
RECOMMENDED MONTHLY PAGE VOLUME150 - 2,500 Pages
PRINT RESOLUTION (dpi)600 x 600
STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGESUFR II
DIRECT PRINTAvailable from USB Memory (JPEG, TIFF, PDF)
PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES1Apple® AirPrint,® Canon PRINT Business, Mopria™ Print
Service
COPY SPECIFICATIONS
COPY SPEEDUp to 18 ppm (Letter/Legal)
FIRST COPY-OUT TIME (LETTER)Platen: 11.2 seconds/13.1 seconds (BW/Color)
COPY RESOLUTION (dpi)600 x 600
COPY SIZEPlaten: Up to Letter
MULTIPLE COPIESUp to 999 Copies
MAGNIFICATION25% - 400% (1% Increments)
PRESET REDUCTIONS25%, 50%, 64%, 78%
PRESET ENLARGEMENTS129%, 200%, 400%
COPY FEATURESPaper Setting, Favorite Setting, Original Type Selection, Cancel, N-on-1, Density Adjustment, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Collate, Copy ID Card
SCAN SPECIFICATIONS
TYPEColor Contact Image Sensor
SCAN SIZEPlaten: Up to Letter
PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALSSheet, Book
PULL SCANScanGear MF for TWAIN, and WIA
SCAN RESOLUTION (dpi)300 x 600, 600 x 600
SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICESCanon PRINT Business
MEMORY MEDIAStandard USB Memory (JPEG, TIFF, PDF)
SEND SPECIFICATIONS
DESTINATIONEmail/Internet FAX (SMTP), SMB, FTP
ADDRESS BOOKLDAP (50)/Local (300)/Speed Dial (281)
SEND RESOLUTION (dpi)600 x 600 (Pull Scan), 196 x 204 (iFax), 300 x 300 (Other)
COMMUNICATION PROTOCOLFile: FTP, SMB
Email/iFax: SMTP, POP3, iFax (Simple)
FILE FORMATStandard: TIFF, JPEG, PDF (Compact, Searchable)
Optional: PDF (Encrypted, Digital Signature)
SECURITY SPECIFICATIONS
AUTHENTICATIONStandard: Department ID Authentication
NETWORKStandard: IP/MAC Address Filtering, IPSEC, TLS Encrypted Communication, SNMP V3.0, IEEE 802.1X(Wired Only), IPv6, SMTP Authentication, POP Authentication, POP Authentication before SMTP
DOCUMENTStandard: Secure Print
WI-FI® AUTHENTICATION METHODSWi-Fi Infrastructure Mode: WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES) WPA2-PSK (AES)
Wi-Fi Access Point: WPA2-PSK (AES)
ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS
OPERATING ENVIRONMENTTemperature: 50 to 86º F;
Humidity: 20 to 80% RH (no condensation)
POWER REQUIREMENTSAC 120-127 V:6.5 A, 60 Hz
POWER CONSUMPTIONMaximum: Approx. 900 W
Standby: Approx. 10.5 W
Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.8 W
Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Rating: 0.19 kWh
STANDARDSENERGY STAR® Qualified, Rated EPEAT Silver2

Overall this has been a very good printer and probably one of the best value color laser printers currently on the market and if you can still find it on sale its truly a bargain..

We bought a brother black and white printer several years ago and have had good results with it. We are only now starting our third toner cartridge. I’ve been eyeing that little brother color printer for a while, but it doesn’t have automatic duplex. I try to conserve paper.

Back