The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Laser printers

NurseDave

“Stefan’s Glitterbomb King”
Legacy
First Responder
Concierge
Think we’ve decided to make the change over from ink jet to a colour laser printer. Anyone have one made for home occasional use that you like?

I've been using a Samsung ML-2010 for years. It's just black toner, but the printer itself is quite durable, so I would look at Samsung if I were to buy another.

I had an HP, can’t remember the model, when the kids needed it for high school and college projects. I do not recommend HP.

Brother This is the one we just bought as we also just made the switch

1632791944388.png

HLL3290CDW​

Cool, thanks guys. Ya, I’d rather stick with b&w but with the kids around they still need it for school.

How is the price on the color ones? Getting a bit sick of buying ink cards for the inkjet myself.

How is the price on the color ones? Getting a bit sick of buying ink cards for the inkjet myself.
They of course vary widely but it's looking like $400-500 to get one from a good brand that also does scanning and copying. The ink cost is why I'm switching. It's fewer cents per page. The cartridges are more expensive but last a lot longer. And that friggin calibration cycle the inkjet run every time the print drives me batty.

They of course vary widely but it's looking like $400-500 to get one from a good brand that also does scanning and copying. The ink cost is why I'm switching. It's fewer cents per page. The cartridges are more expensive but last a lot longer. And that friggin calibration cycle the inkjet run every time the print drives me batty.
No kidding! I haven’t looked at printers in ages.
We’re shopping for a new TV snow and it’s crazy how much they’ve improved, I guess I was hoping the same for printers, but I imagine it’s a pretty stable technolog now.

No kidding! I haven’t looked at printers in ages.
We’re shopping for a new TV snow and it’s crazy how much they’ve improved, I guess I was hoping the same for printers, but I imagine it’s a pretty stable technolog now.
Ya, every time we go into Costco and see that 80" TV that's like 2" thick I look at my wife to get the eye roll. It's amazing how much more you get for your money compared to 5-10 years ago.

I'll tell ya, the tough part is every single printer I've looked at has polarizing reviews. Either it's amazing or a piece of junk. Not very helpful information.

I'll tell ya, the tough part is every single printer I've looked at has polarizing reviews. Either it's amazing or a piece of junk. Not very helpful information.
That’s what happens when you can only choose between the Democrat or the Republican model.

Ask IT person at work if you have one. They probably use them at the hospital etc.

Amber just told me the Epson Ecotank is a good one as well. It has a refillable tank, so there's no waste with replacement cartridges.

Back