The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Label Art - Share Your Favorite Examples!

@CVargo @BarberDave @CBLindsay

I hope this custom label art doesn't violate the TOU. :oops:

View attachment 66588
@NurseDave @Fenster

In reality this is custom art which clearly denotes "Hombres" a CBL soap fragrance made by @CBLindsay , one of the owners of this fine establishment. It contains a scent, I understand, of the region of this country where @BarberDave has a barbershop of the same name. ;)

I wouldn't expect you to be able to decipher the label without a guide (hence this diatribe), but early in my career I was a highly skilled architectural draftsman. Beautiful lettering was my trade-mark and I earned a good living at it. To this day I use standard gothic lettering for all handwriting; cursive is used for my signature only!! Also beautiful. ;)

In accordance with corporate American management theory clearly espoused in The Peter Principle, I received many promotions until I reached a level of incompetence, unable to perform even the most perfunctory corporate activities other than attending meetings, making coffee, and asking my assistant to complete my weekly timesheet. ;)

This, however, did not seem to be a problem because I was well placed above middle management where I resided for the final 30 years of my career. ;)

YMMV. ;)

@NurseDave @Fenster

In reality this is custom art which clearly denotes "Hombres" a CBL soap fragrance made by @CBLindsay , one of the owners of this fine establishment. It contains a scent, I understand, of the region of this country where @BarberDave has a barbershop of the same name. ;)

I wouldn't expect you to be able to decipher the label without a guide (hence this diatribe), but early in my career I was a highly skilled architectural draftsman. Beautiful lettering was my trade-mark and I earned a good living at it. To this day I use standard gothic lettering for all handwriting; cursive is used for my signature only!! Also beautiful. ;)

In accordance with corporate American management theory clearly espoused in The Peter Principle, I received many promotions until I reached a level of incompetence, unable to perform even the most perfunctory corporate activities other than attending meetings, making coffee, and asking my assistant to complete my weekly timesheet. ;)

This, however, did not seem to be a problem because I was well placed above middle management where I resided for the final 30 years of my career. ;)

YMMV. ;)
Well done! LMAO.

I don't have any favorite examples but I must admit I am continually impressed by how well many of the labels from various artisans are designed. The ones that impress me most are those who are able to create unique art for each scent while also keeping a strong link to the brand (Noble Otter is a good example). I guess I envy those who have the ability to create unique label art over and over again. Some time back I did my first "unique" artwork on a series of scents, with the help of one of our more talented members (no names to protect the innocent) "v" for vetiver was created. The first I did on my own was Iron Throne and then more recently Orion, Dragon's Milk, Hello and Dread Pirate. While I am personally pleased with the results (Orion and Dread Pirate are probably the most creative) it is pretty clear these examples are child's play compared to what many artisans are cranking out.

I have empty bowls and I think I still have original labels for Hombres. Give me your address and I will take care of it
Well dont get rid of all of them order #2 is coming as it flew off the shelves

This is Pinnacle Grooming Fjord. I couldn’t say no to that label .

885806db2c1b0929d9c3530c1c7d702c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back