The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Knot - Decisions Decisions

So I thought I'd put some thoughts out on the knots installed.

2nd Anniversary brush = Maggards Badger/Boar Mix (70/30) This is scritchy feel to start no doubt due to the boar that will break in. Not over uncomfortable but noticeable. I like the backbone and look forward to see how it progresses to break in. It did shed like crazy on 1st use with more than 20 hairs shed but will watch going forward.
IMG_20200609_082130661.jpg
Rubberset 400 Ferrules = (3 so far)
1-Tuxedo -
This is the 1st one I got quite some time ago and installed in the original Brush Ferrule. Not much to say, works great !
IMG_20200612_075103885.jpg
Next are the 2 slight imperfection ferrules that Claudio @Clouds was kind enough to send me.
2-Cashmere -
This is a nice addition that gives me the softness of the Cashmere with somewhat the look of the original knot they came with.
IMG_20200612_075131022.jpg
3-Whipped Dog Silvertip - Used this today and it felt amazing. VERY happy with this choice. A little floppier than say a Paladin as it isn't as densely packed. But sometimes I like that looser feel. Bonus was it didn't shed a single hair.
IMG_20200612_070336146.jpg
Eventually I will get 2 more set in the ferrules that Claudio gave away in the Pif he did. He isn't able to ship at the moment due to Post Office not doing international. I have the Maggards Synthetic and AP Shave Silk Smoke waiting in the wings. Stay safe Claudio and THANKS again for these ferrules. This is something I've wanted to do ever since getting this brush I forget how many years ago.

IMG_20200612_070351815 (1).jpg

Back