The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Kimchi Soup

Spider made Kimchi soup!!!! Keto with skinny noodles, pork belly added to kimchi and chicken broth. Literally the best food ever.
Amber, you are teasing us!

1. Pics...there always needs to be pics!

2. Recipe...you can't expect us to read about this magical soup without knowing how to make it.

It sounds so wonderful and I just bought some kimchi!

I make this so much, I just keep the recipe taped to the inside of my cupboard door.

5F207AD4-2A4F-41FB-870D-35694458A8D8.jpeg

I do substitute the pepper paste and flake for 2Tbps of each of these:
9D06E6F0-3E3B-46F9-8F69-9D0AE90D941C.jpeg

And I do add more pork belly and more kimchi than what is called for. (And always use broth, not water). The result is like when you get a nice ramen soup from a restaurant, but the broth doesn’t take hours(days) to make.

Looks amazing.
What are the noodles?
Zero carb Konjac noodles. The brand is called "It's Skinny", however we prefer the brand "Skinny Pasta". It's very confusing. My local store used to have Skinny Pasta, and they just replaced it with It's Skinny. I thought they were the same and just had a packaging change. They are not. Both are ok, but we prefer the Skinny Pasta for the soup, even though the noodles are clear-ish and look less like actual pasta. But as a sheer pasta replacement the It's Skinny brand might be better from a texture standpoint. But my preference there is still Zoodles.

Zero carb Konjac noodles.
I hadn't seen these...so I looked them up. Then I realized they are Shirataki Noodles. I will definitely try them out.

I make this so much, I just keep the recipe taped to the inside of my cupboard door.

View attachment 48786

I do substitute the pepper paste and flake for 2Tbps of each of these:
View attachment 48787

And I do add more pork belly and more kimchi than what is called for. (And always use broth, not water). The result is like when you get a nice ramen soup from a restaurant, but the broth doesn’t take hours(days) to make.
I am assuming that when the recipe calls for "Kimchi Water" it is literally the water or "juice" from the container of kimchi?

I am assuming that when the recipe calls for "Kimchi Water" it is literally the water or "juice" from the container of kimchi?
Yes. And you squeeze or wring out the kimchi first before chopping. And all that lovely juice is what makes the soup broth so tasty!

Back