The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Karve Razor, Cold River Soap Works Glide Colonia Mediterranea, and Figaro Monsieur Aftershave!

Here’s my two bits, for the 25 cents that it is worth.

The quad split intro, was distracting, and very Brady-Bunchy. Some may like it, but it was weird to me.

The real complaint I have is when you sped up the shave. When I see your lips moving (talking), I feel like I’m missing out on something. If you want to speed up the shave to compress time, that’s fine, but just don’t talk during the times you are going to speed up.... or just learn to shave as fast as I do!
1f602.png

otherwise, loving them Don!

Dangerous Don, the Mystery Science Theater 3000 of the shaving world!

Holy blood bath there Don. That was a rough one.

Here’s my two bits, for the 25 cents that it is worth.

The quad split intro, was distracting, and very Brady-Bunchy. Some may like it, but it was weird to me.

Oh! My soul is crushed! I worked so hard on that intro! Just kidding. Sort of...I did put some effort into it. I totally get what you are saying on this though. I might change it here shortly...but who know.

The real complaint I have is when you sped up the shave. When I see your lips moving (talking), I feel like I’m missing out on something. If you want to speed up the shave to compress time, that’s fine, but just don’t talk during the times you are going to speed up....

Fair enough. The video previous to his one I was doing some talking while I sped it up...that's on me. This one, however, I really didn't say anything during the fast forward. I think I had anticipated showing the lather portion, then decided against it later. But it's all good...just need to improve from here.

or just learn to shave as fast as I do!
1f602.png

Well...there is that. But to be honest...I think I got so comfortable with my rotation of two or three razors, that I really forgot how to shave...sort of. These videos are actually forcing me to go back to basics and figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for watching KJ!

Dangerous Don, the Mystery Science Theater 3000 of the shaving world!

Holy blood bath there Don. That was a rough one.

It actually looked worse than what it was. They healed up quickly and I wasn't as raw on the skin as I thought I was going to be. Thanks for watching!

Wow, sorry for the rough shave Don. "D" was the plate I bought with and was happy with it but it required being more attentive to technique. Got the "C" and was using it when sent to you. Definitely more ease of use but was going back to the "D" for myself to compare again. I'm enjoying watching others takes on it. Agree with most of what KJ said. Fast forward the rinses but let us get the dialogue and watch technique while you shave so we can pick on you
1f604.png
My MAIN complaint is that at the end while inviting people to this great forum you failed to include that there's a bonus when you join, if your name is Dave !!

Wow, sorry for the rough shave Don. "D" was the plate I bought with and was happy with it but it required being more attentive to technique. Got the "C" and was using it when sent to you. Definitely more ease of use but was going back to the "D" for myself to compare again. I'm enjoying watching others takes on it. Agree with most of what KJ said. Fast forward the rinses but let us get the dialogue and watch technique while you shave so we can pick on you
1f604.png
My MAIN complaint is that at the end while inviting people to this great forum you failed to include that there's a bonus when you join, if your name is Dave !!

Thamks Dave! Yeah...I really need to be more attentive. To be honest...that shave looked worse than what it was. Plus...I am doing it for the ratings...yeah...that's it...the ratings!
1f60f.png

I went back to the "C"plate this morning and it was a much better shave. Like anything new...it takes a bit to adjust. But I am enjoying it. I just might end up doing a VERY boring shave and show you all what exactly I am doing and talk the entire time...blah, blah, blah! I actually like the Karve...a lot...despite what the videos might indicate. And it is probably one of the more affordable premium new razors out there. I might pick me up a four inch handle and a "B" and "C" plate.

I tend not to comment on video production because I'm just happy people are posting videos and don't want to discourage at all. Plus, since I can't figure out using my computer for production, all you get from me is pretty basic. I guess my opinion is I thought the multi screen opening was new and different so I didn't mind it. I do tend to think openings would be best kept to 15 seconds or less. When they're creeping up to half a minute it seems like a long time to wait for the actual video.

I tend not to comment on video production because I'm just happy people are posting videos and don't want to discourage at all. Plus, since I can't figure out using my computer for production, all you get from me is pretty basic. I guess my opinion is I thought the multi screen opening was new and different so I didn't mind it. I do tend to think openings would be best kept to 15 seconds or less. When they're creeping up to half a minute it seems like a long time to wait for the actual video.

Yup have to agree with you on the intro. My previous one was 30 seconds .Which was way too long. The new one is 20 seconds. Which I think is acceptable, but I guess I could trim another five seconds off of it. Thanks for watching Dave!

I do tend to think openings would be best kept to 15 seconds or less. When they're creeping up to half a minute it seems like a long time to wait for the actual video.
Yeah, Mine is 30 seconds, and I know I need to trim it down. I'm waiting until I can get some new tools, and I'll redo my whole intro and outro.

Yeah, Mine is 30 seconds, and I know I need to trim it down. I'm waiting until I can get some new tools, and I'll redo my whole intro and outro.
Don't take out the selfie where it's looks like you're posing for a calendar with your arm behind your head. That's my favorite part!

Just saying...the Cyberlink Powerdirector is pretty powerful and relatively easy to use. Lots of cool features and tools. Plus there are a lot of you tube videos to learn from .

Just saying...the Cyberlink Powerdirector is pretty powerful and relatively easy to use. Lots of cool features and tools. Plus there are a lot of you tube videos to learn from .

Yeah, but I don't have a computer. Everything has to be done from my phone.

I am no video production critic, I will leave that to those with more skill than myself.

I Enjoyed the video; awed by the beautiful razor, cringed at the gory part, laughed at the “glug” definitions, nearly wept at the aftershave application (that had to sting a tad), and cheered for the man who took it like a man. Yes, I am easily entertained.

On a separate note, I just performed my second shave shave with my Karve (B plate) and am very pleased with all aspects of the razor. I do not see myself ever using the D and maybe even the C plates that came with it (BST buy).

Thank you for sharing the video and the products.

Just got caught up on this one. By the looks of that video I'm going to have to get the wife and make popcorn when you get your straights back. We love horror movies!
1f61c.png

Just got caught up on this one. By the looks of that video I'm going to have to get the wife and make popcorn when you get your straights back. We love horror movies!
1f61c.png

Oh...it could be interesting!

Thanks for the video review, Don. Fun stuff. I have a Karve 3.5 inch handle and really like it. I just got the E & F guards to complete my set of guards--I shaved first pass with the F yesterday on a two day beard with no problem. It helps to pay attention to pressure. I then switched to D and C to complete the shave. Today the first pass was with the E guard--again no problem.

The Karve is very smooth. The blade is clamped top and bottom resulting in minimal blade chatter.

As to the soap, I very much like the CRSW Glide base but cannot seem to find a scent I really like. So far, I have used Olfactory Hue, Madman's Bouquet and Colonia Mediterranea. I liked Colonia the least of the three.

Very nice stuff Don. I personally liked the opening.

Back