The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Kansas City Wet Shaver's 2018 Meet Up

Here are the raffle items and goody bag contents for next weekend’s meetup!

Wow! There is some really nice stuff in there...scratch that. There is some really AWESOME stuff in there!!! If I could, I would fly to Kansas City for this meetup. Hope it goes off without a hitch!

The meet-up yesterday was great! We had 8 people & I didn't know anyone except KJ beforehand. It was great meeting everyone. One person drove over 5 hours from the middle of Kansas to get there. Had a lot of good soaps to check out, CBL got rave reviews! Had trades & sales going on for all of us. Saw some interesting gear & learned about brushes & some old razors. Some amazing raffle items, we played bingo for the raffle items. I won a bottle of Chatillion Lux AS, traded for a Big Bruce brush, vintage glass bottle & an Old Spice mug. Thanks KJ for all your work, it was appreciated!

Very cool. I know KJ did a lot to make the meetup possible, I’m happy to hear it was a success. Judging from some photos in KJ’s journal it looks like the weather got quite cold and a little snow fell. It takes some commitment to push on against all the obstacles this meet up faced.

It was a really good time. Here are some pics of what I walked away with.

Traded for an Aqua Velva 1776 glass bottle, Old Spice mug, Big Bruce brush, a couple of soap samples, & won a bottle of Chatillion Lux AS in the bingo raffle game!

The other pic is what was in the goodie bag for all participants. Some very generous vendors contributed to make this an outstanding goodie bag! A huge thank you to all vendors that donated to the meet-up. The Pacific Rush in the background was a gift, not part of the goodie bag.

Back