The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Kai Captain Titan Mild ProTouch MG Razor Blades ?

The Kai Captain Titan Mild ProTouch MG guarded blades and the Feather ProGuard are the two AC blades that ended up at the top after testing 5 AC blades in my ESC Claymore Evolution. They are so close, I would have trouble telling them apart in a double blind test. Both give me a smooth, comfortable, yet very close shave.

I just started using the KAI Captain Mild ProTouch MG guarded blades over a month ago. And for me in my Blackland Vector it is the best shave. I took off 5 days of growth yesterday with a two pass shave with a little touch up on my neck area. BBS with the same blade I started with. The blade has 8 shaves on it now. Great razor and blade combo for me.

500C175C-9BBB-44BB-9141-162ABBD3152B.jpeg
I’ve used both in the past month with my new Vector. I’m new to the AC world and have been trying out blades. I got great shaves from both, but for me personally, the Kai was great between shaves 4-8 on the blade and the Feather was great for shaves 2/3-8.
In terms of physical differences, the feather has fewer and narrower wire guards compared to the Kai (see pic above).

How do the Kai Captain Titan Mild ProTouch MG Razor Blades compare to the Feather ProGaurd?
All I know is the Kai Captains tore my face apart. I was using the Feather Pro’s exclusively put after I tried the Supers, I found them a little better

All I know is the Kai Captains tore my face apart. I was using the Feather Pro’s exclusively put after I tried the Supers, I found them a little better
Hi Mike, which Kai Captains tore you up? I believe there are at least two versions and I think the OP was just asking about the different experiences people had with the Kai/Feather blades that have the extra Teflon guards attached (Protouch and Proguard).

Back