The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

JUNE 2020 TSC RADIO SHOW

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Hey folks:
It is that time again and we are preparing for the June Broadcast of the TSC Radio Show and want you input!

Here are the categories

Mail Call

TSC comments & Questions

Owner Roundtabl

Who would you like to see us interview?

Please place your requests here and preface your post with one of the catagories above. This will be up until June 15th

Thanks for you help and being a part of the TSC Radio Show!

Folks, Getting close to production Give us suggestions in all the categories, Thanks

If you had to start over, and knowing what you know and how much you have spent, what would you be shaving with today? Things you would have done differently, things you would have never gotten involved with? Do you still enjoy shaving as much as when you realized that it no longer had to be a chore and there was a wide choice of razors, soaps, creams and aftershaves out there beyond what your drugstore carried?

Last edited:
If you had to start over, and knowing what you know and how much you have spent, what would you be shaving with today? Things you would have done fifferently, things you would have never gotten involved with? Do you still enjoy shaving as much as when you realized that it no longer had to be a chore and there was a wide choice of razors, soaps, creams and aftershaves out there beyond what your drugstore carried?
Excellent Topic Sam, Hopefully we will get some good responses

I guess that would be a MAIL CALL or a TSC QUESTIONS & COMMENTS thing, Dave?
BTW are we supposed to answer my questions here or in a different thread? (assuming anyone even answers šŸ¤Ŗ)

I guess that would be a MAIL CALL or a TSC QUESTIONS & COMMENTS thing, Dave?
BTW are we supposed to answer my questions here or in a different thread? (assuming anyone even answers šŸ¤Ŗ)
I think Here and that will spark the Thoughts I think, just like Rich telling us about the Corvetter journey @ majorrich

K, I'll answer my own questions first then!

Q: If you had to start over, and knowing what you know and how much you have spent, what would you be shaving with today?
A: I'd be using a simple and affordable setup when it comes to hardware: a Schick Eversharp Hydro-magic I2 with Schick blades and a Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic brush. Software-wise, it would be CBL soaps and/or a Tabac stick. My "forever" aftershave hunt is still ongoing, but I'll probably revert to what I used as a teen: Aqua Velva as I can pick it up anywhere.

Q: Things you would have done differently, things you would have never gotten involved with?
A: I would have stayed away from straights. While I thoroughly enjoyed them for about 5 years, the amount of money that I spent over that span on blades, and stones was silly. At least I didn't go nuts on strops. I would have also kept my brushes down to 2, max.

Q: Do you still enjoy shaving as much as when you realized that it no longer had to be a chore and there was a wide choice of razors, soaps, creams and aftershaves out there beyond what your drugstore carried?
Since the start of 2013, there have only been eight(8) days where I have not shaved, and five(5) of them were in 2017 when I went camping for a week. So, yes, I still enjoy shaving every single day. The feel of the brush, the scent of the soap (even when I'm using my yucky stuff), and the 10 mins or so of the entire whisker removal process is something I look forward to every morning.

Can we get @dangerousdon on this? He worked in intelligence.
Are you sure @NurseDave J/K @dangerousdon

f628284fe07e730fc79db1f5dba1946b.jpg

Can we get @dangerousdon on this? He worked in intelligence.
Past tense emphasized. Though...it's probably not all that hard unless he decided to go off grid.

Hey @BarberDave stay in your lane! In other words...do what you do best and I will do what I do best. Besides, I would have figured a salty old Pararescue Operator would know what a Mortar Team looks like. Know way in hell would I be caught digging in and filling sandbags. šŸ¤Ŗ

Hey folks:
Sorry for the delay in recording the TSC Radio show for June. The SV deal and the fires have taken a huge amount of time. Anyway please leave any final requests for any of our segments and we will try to get it out by next week, and starting in August we will be back to Member /Artisan / Hobbyist interviews.

Thanks

Back