The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Jimmy Choo Man Intense and Man Ice

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
I'm not overly big on Colognes, EdTs, and EdPs, but as things go you all are such enablers. The wife had to run into Ulta the other day...man I hat that place...the people that work there really have no idea what customer service is and end up attacking you multiple times. I guess they figure that since I am a guy...I need help. Well I do...but they can't help me.
1f60b.png

Anyway...I don't tupicaly go to the fragrance section and I am not that interested in the types of scents that places like this offer. Just seems to be the same ole same ole. But a couple things caught my attention. First of all...I would wear just about anything from Yves Saint Laurent...that is some good smelling stuff.

I also took whiffs of Jimmy Choo's Man Intense and man Ice. I was actually floored with how they smelled. I think both have a similar scent with different heaviness and dry downs. While the Intense is a little heavier...I still think it smells nice for warmer months. I get fruity and pineapple from both...I think it's kind of in the same wheelhouse as Creed Aventus. I guess everyone is mimicking the boss.

Here is what base notes has to say about the two:

Intense...

• Top Notes - Lavender, Honeydew Melon
  • Heart Notes - Davana, Geranium, Pepper
  • Base notes - Patchouli, Cistus Labdanum, Tonka Bean

Ice...

• Top Notes - Mandarin, Bergamot, Cedrat
  • Heart Notes - Vetiver, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Apple
  • Base notes - Musk, Moss, Dry amber

I think the Ice dries down with a little more powder, but still smells wonderful. I read where others think it has a synthetic scent to it. It might...but to my untrained sniffer...this was something wonderful.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this stuff and what they thought!

I have Jimmy Choo Man Intense and I like it.
My review of it was: It goes on with some nice melon, lavander, orange peel. Dry down brings out the tonka bean/tobacco and patchouli with some florals. Longevity is good, 6 hours later and I can still smell it.

I have Jimmy Choo Man Intense and I like it.
My review of it was: It goes on with some nice melon, lavander, orange peel. Dry down brings out the tonka bean/tobacco and patchouli with some florals. Longevity is good, 6 hours later and I can still smell it.

Thanks Craig! Intense was my favorite out of the two...but I like both. The wife even likes both!

That Ulta store is CRAZY! Hate that store and how much money my wife spends there.

You have wife approval! Go, go, go!
That's what I'm thinking about what Chad wrote. Well then, go with her and she can't complain if you pick-up a few things too! I wish my wife shopped there so I could tag along and throw something in the basket.

Back