The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

(Jeff Foxworthy voice) Greeeeeetings Y'all

Hello, everyone! My name is Cricket (aka Michael). I'm sure some (or many) of you are familiar with my dad, clyde72 (aka Craig). Dad introduced me to wet shaving about a year and half ago. I've been hooked ever since!

I manage a quick oil change shop for a living. My passion is riding my motorcycle. On the motorcycle note, I've found there is no feeling like going for a ride after a fresh shave. The wind feels great on my face after a good BBS.

My shaving set-up consists of a RazoRock Mission razor, a RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic brush, and a Captain's Choice bowl. As of this morning, I am shaving with Chiseled Face "Ghost Town Barber" soap and aftershave, utilizing a Gillete Platinum blade. I'm the type that uses the same soap on a daily basis until I tire of it. I'm a fan of Black Ship Grooming.

Welcome to the Cadre Son!

Glad to have you here are one of the new members!

There is a lot of shaving knowledge here among other things. Main thing to remember is there is no stupid questions here so ask away.

I think we're the 1st Father - Son Members here. {High Five}

Welcome Michael! It's great to have you here. I wouldn't recommend bringing up "The Incident" though. We're still trying to clear the last of the jell-o from the pipes.

Welcome cricket! I just posted my new bike I. The other interests forum. Would love to see yours.

Two Michael Craigs???? Welcome to the Cadre.

I hope to have my son shaving this way one day. He's a ways out only being 4.

Did you see the 2009 sugar bowl?

DocHoliday0831 said:
LOL GTB just makes you a man! Joining this group makes you a King!

*That’s* why it felt like I went through puberty all over again last year.

Cvargo said:
Two Michael Craigs???? Welcome to the Cadre.

I hope to have my son shaving this way one day. He's a ways out only being 4.

Did you see the 2009 sugar bowl?
Yes, I saw it.

DocHoliday0831 said:
LOL GTB just makes you a man! Joining this group makes you a King!
It does make you a man, but never mix GTB and Blackship Groomings "Davy Jones". Too much masculinity infused there. Your beard will not only grow back immediately, but as a great big bushy mountain man beard.

Welcome to the Cadre, Michael! Great to have you (and your Dad) on here. Yes..."the incident" shall not be mentioned...

Back