The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

It’s an Aussie invasion 🇦🇺 🇦🇺

Brett! Glad to have you here! For some reason I pictured you in front a live audience in an amphitheater giving your intro and then walking off the stage in completion. What a great introduction! Welcome to TSC!
Thank you sir. I’ve been known to do a ‘mike drop’ or two in my time but that’s mainly been in a ‘Roadie’ capacity or if one of my drumsticks accidentally hits the mike and gives the sound guy a ringing in his ears that lasts for days.🤪
I’m happy to be here and hopefully get to you guys. You’ll soon discover that my ‘dad jokes’ leave you shaking your head more often than not. 👍🏻😜👍🏻

Thank you sir. Yeah that’s correct but we don’t have Long Horns here. The Kangaroos would be even more deadly with those! 😂
I'm just imagining a kangaroo riding a long horn into battle. I kinda hope they shout out, "REMEMBER THE ALAMO," but maybe I watch a little too much TV. Also, that might sound weird in an Australian accent. :ROFLMAO:

I'm just imagining a kangaroo riding a long horn into battle. I kinda hope they shout out, "REMEMBER THE ALAMO," but maybe I watch a little too much TV. Also, that might sound weird in an Australian accent. :ROFLMAO:
No I meant a kangaroo with long horns. That’s just a Darwinian experiment gone wrong. Everyone knows they can’t speak but man, put a pair of boxing gloves on ‘em and they’d think they’re Cassius Clay. They’d more than likely be shouting “Remember we won the America’s Cup in ‘83’. Either that or singing the theme song from ‘Skippy the bush kangaroo’ (you may have to YouTube that last one 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I currently use a variety (don’t we all 😂) of DEs ... Model T, Rex Envoy, 6s and R41. Blades are currently Feather, Wilkinson Sword, Astra, Euromax and Muhle. The soaps and creams are too numerous to mention but faves are definitely Stirling, Proraso, TOOBS, Castle Forbes, Truefitt & Hill, Squadron Soap with a few small Aussie artisans in the mix. I try to get matching splashes and balms wherever possible.
My brush Arsenal consists of Australian brush makers. 3 from TF Custom Shaving Brushes in Queensland, (1 with a hand tied Rhodium knot... it’s truly amazing), 4 from Forgotten Art in Tasmania and 3 from Billygoat Brushworks also in Queensland. I have two more handles that I’m sending to Rhodium next week. I also have 1 brush which is a Muhle Silvertip which isn’t Aussie made. Mostly all are between 26 and 30mm knots. Yes, brushes are a bit of a weakness for me and all but 1 have some shade of green handle. Live my greens 💚 Pictures at 11, lol.
Wow! Very nice selection! Many of those more local artisans I’ve never heard or seen of before! I hope you get the chance to shoot some pics and post reviews, I’d be interest to see!

Welcome sir! Glad you made it over here!

Completely off the wall question. Do Austria or New Zealand have many artisan shaving soap manufacturers? If so, has any of them produced a vegemite scented soap??? 🤣

Welcome sir! Glad you made it over here!

Completely off the wall question. Do Austria or New Zealand have many artisan shaving soap manufacturers? If so, has any of them produced a vegemite scented soap??? 🤣
Hi @Luecke3262 , I don’t know about Austria 😂 but Australia definitely has quite a few and they seem to be emerging steadily. Squadron Soap have soaps and splashes of which I’ve just received both Scramble and The Warden along with the accompanying splashes. From everything I’ve read they are very well made and the scents are fantastic. They are out of stock of a lot at the moment but I’ll be ordering a couple of others once they replenish their inventory. Their Red Lead soap apparently compliments genuine Old Spice splash. Whispers in the Woods are another with some very fine soaps and balms. I use their Lavande soap which is really nice.
As for a ‘Vegemite’ scented soap... you do understand that Vegemite is made from yeast extract? 😂 I would say that may not be on the horizon for any artisan soap maker worth his/her salt. But, feel free to buy a jar and slather it on your face and see how it goes. Heaven knows that stuff is thick enough 😂😂😂

It's nice to see you've settled in nicely mate! (y) I echo an earlier request that you post some pics of your recent collection as I really like what I've seen so far. ;)

It's nice to see you've settled in nicely mate! (y) I echo an earlier request that you post some pics of your recent collection as I really like what I've seen so far. ;)
Thank you @Razor Burn. Yeah it’s comfy here. I could get used to this 😀👍🏻 I definitely will, my friend but as you know, I have a few pressing things this week unfortunately 😞 I’ll endeavour to regale the masses of my shaving acquisitions as soon as possible. I wouldn’t want to keep everyone In suspenders. 😂🤪😂

Welcome aboard Bret.
I was wondering where you are located? Ever been to Phillip Island? Huge Troy Bayliss fan here. He is one of the reasons I have my Ducati 998
View attachment 36564
Hi @Maryland998 I’m in New South Wales and about 530 miles north from the track. Troy is a bit of a demon on the circuit and looks like he’s going to keep kicking goals. Although I still have my rider’s license, I haven’t been back on a bike in about 11 years. To many idiots on the road here fir my liking. I’ve kind of lost my nerve when it comes to dealing with drivers who don’t give a hoot about bike riders. The ones without regard for all road users tend to call two wheel riders ‘temporary Australians’. That in itself should explain the attitude here towards the motorbike fraternity. Sad, I know 😞

Back