The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Introduction to Knothead Brush Works....

Knothead

Jr. Shave Member
Artisan Retailer
Members:
My name is Tim "Knothead" Shaffer and I am a maker of Brush Handles and Lather Bowls. Currently there are a number of handles available on my Shopify Site:
and I will be posting bowls in the near future. I am a one man shop that wants to provide a great quality part at a very reasonable price. Although I like to have unique styling, I also recognize that there are numerous designs that are very acceptable in this market, so I can emulate those additionally. I make products from custom mixed resin, exotic woods, domestic woods and a hybrid of both wood and resin and at times Ebonite. I can do special orders by request.
My pricing, as you will see, should be at an affordable level for the majority of clients, that appreciate the time and effort needed to handcraft a special piece. I base my offerings according to material cost and labor without the cumbersome overhead of a retail brick and mortar store.
I normally provide handles without knots, but the client has the ability to order and purchase a knot from another source, have it sent to me, and I will set it to customer specifications for no additional cost. For convenience, I will be attaching a link in my site to a source to purchase knots, (I have no affiliation or ties to that seller) but that does not mean another source can't be used. In this way, you, the purchaser, buy a knot directly without any added cost for me. I am always willing to provide a knot as requested, but I will need to "mark up" that item since it is an additional expense for me. It is your choice.
I look forward to providing you with a special handle that will look great and last for a long, long time......

Very nice Tim! You have some very unique handle designs...I like to see that originality from an artisan!

Oh man... I just spent about 20 min looking at brushes... I see an order on my future soon

Great to have you here Tim. I can attest to some of this Gentleman’s work. I purchased a couple brushes & bowl set plus a razor stand that was thrown in by Tim as a thank you. Excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail. Best part is, that the man is a true pleasure to deal with. Excellent communicator and service that is second to none.

Can’t recommend him highly enough.....

His work.

E2646C9A-1B67-4A04-B55A-3792F2D7F46E.jpeg
D3F5B42D-C7FB-4FC3-8F5E-45B737B8FD51.jpeg
39CA4B06-E650-4C0F-992F-807FA605332C.jpeg
91258747-1907-4D09-8AA3-95B795961343.jpeg
35150EDA-5D40-4C52-8B72-A81D0E76D9C7.jpeg

Great to have you here Tim. I can attest to some of this Gentleman’s work. I purchased a couple brushes & bowl set plus a razor stand that was thrown in by Tim as a thank you. Excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail. Best part is, that the man is a true pleasure to deal with. Excellent communicator and service that is second to none.

Can’t recommend him highly enough.....

His work.

View attachment 38346
View attachment 38344
View attachment 38343
View attachment 38342
View attachment 38345
Thanks Gus. Really appreciate the support and recommendation. Happy to see you're enjoying the set.

Back