The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

In memory of Honeybee Sue (Susan Smith)

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that the we bring news of Susan (Honeybee Sue) Smith’s passing. On December 4th Sue found the peace and comfort many months of health issues had denied her.

https://memorials.goldmanfc.com/susan-smith/3669943/service-details.php

Honeybee Sue holds a special place in wet shaving history few newcomers may know. What may seem like a crowded field of artisan soap makers today began more than 12 years ago with just a handful. In 2006 Honeybee Sue was one of what would soon be known as “the three Sue’s”. The Three Sue’s (Sue Moore-Saint Charles Shave, Sue Smith-Honeybee Sue and Sue Clark-Mama Bear soaps) not only made some of the best shaving soaps available at the time, they opened the doors to what is now a broad and thriving artisan shave soap market.

Honeybee Sue was also one of the first vendors to join The Shaving Cadre, showing her support for our young forum even as her own health was failing. We know our members benefitted greatly from having Sue here on the forum just as we are sure she benefited from the support our members gave her.

Susan Smith (Honeybee Sue) will forever be remembered for what she has given to the wet shaving community and as a friend of the cadre.

To honor her memory we are declaring Friday January 4th, 2019 (one month from her passing) “Shave with Honeybee Sue” day.

The Cadre is deeply saddened by her passing. I know her memory will live on! Thanks Sue for everything you did for the shaving community and the Cadre.

Very sad news indeed. Thank you for providing this bit of closure. I will cherish all of my Honeybee shave And bath soaps. I will use one tomorrow in her honor.

1f628.png
1f625.png
1f62a.png
1f62d.png
271d.png

Oh this is very sad to hear! Especially after hearing the surgery went well.

Condolences and prayers for the family in this time of grief.

Prayers and God’s blessings for comfort to her family and an end to her struggle. I too shall use her product tomorrow and on Friday the 4th as well.

Not much that can be said that hasn't already been said. My prayers will be with her family and hope that they find comfort in the person she was and the legacy she leaves behind.

Very sad news to receive as the year ends. May the outpouring of sympathy and love from her friends here on TSC provide a measure of comfort for her loved ones during this difficult time.

Very sad news. Sue contributed so much to this community. Praying for her family.

She didn't have many posts. But it just felt right.

Back