The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I'm mulling over buying a brush ...

woodpusher

TSC’s International Man of Meh
OMG!!! Yes, I am actually looking at spending some $$$ on something shaving related!! :eek::eek::eek:

Looking back at my Paypal account for the past 3 years:

2020.APR. ... Purchased my Feather ASD2
2020.MAY ... Purchased a bunch of stuff from the TSC 2nd Anniversary (remember @CVargo spraying everything with Lysol? 🤪)
2021.SEP ... Purchased an Injector from @GearNoir

As you can see, I've been quite busy, spending money left, right and center. In fact, almost as much as @Graybeard57 !!

I now have $88.37 CAD in my Paypal account and thanks to being the recipient of one of Brian/scuttlesoap's gift certificates (over a year ago!), guess what I can order and still have $0.38 CAD left over?

1682295202990.png

I've wanted an Eagle for years and years and am this close....
200w.gif

....to pressing the purchase button.

Any thoughts on the brush?
**note: CEC member commentary is allowed but will be weighted at 0.000020375% of a normal person's opinion. ;)

OMG!!! Yes, I am actually looking at spending some $$$ on something shaving related!! :eek::eek::eek:

Looking back at my Paypal account for the past 3 years:

2020.APR. ... Purchased my Feather ASD2
2020.MAY ... Purchased a bunch of stuff from the TSC 2nd Anniversary (remember @CVargo spraying everything with Lysol? 🤪)
2021.SEP ... Purchased an Injector from @GearNoir

As you can see, I've been quite busy, spending money left, right and center. In fact, almost as much as @Graybeard57 !!

I now have $88.37 CAD in my Paypal account and thanks to being the recipient of one of Brian/scuttlesoap's gift certificates (over a year ago!), guess what I can order and still have $0.38 CAD left over?

View attachment 109771

I've wanted an Eagle for years and years and am this close....
View attachment 109772

....to pressing the purchase button.

Any thoughts on the brush?
**note: CEC member commentary is allowed but will be weighted at 0.000020375% of a normal person's opinion. ;)
I'll get another brush when I grow another face to shave. ;) No seriously, I have at least 7 or 8 brushes now! It's totally out of control, I'm afraid to say.

Getting a Simpson was an item on my bucket list. I think they're beautiful. I don't really collect brushes except for those and PAA brushes. It's a contrast. I recommend getting that brush.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

You know I’m a big fan of my Berkeley. But I have no experience with their pure badger brushes.

At one point I did have a Vulfix pure badger and it was kinda prickly. But it’s on your radar, so give it a try.

My wife (who is not a CEC member so gets a full vote) always says “we work hard so you should be able to treat yourself once in a while.” We have a different definition of once in a while, but you put the work in over the years fella, why agonize over enjoying it?

Simpson pure badgers can be good, just expect to use painting motions while lathering. The tips of the knot are downright prickly. I have and enjoy using Pure Beaufort, but it’s not an everyday brush for me. The Eagle is great, but my current version is in Best. If you can find one of those, you’ve got a truly special brush.

This.........I'm 100% this.
Yeah, but you don't know until you try. You'd never tried a synthetic before I gave you one.... and don't you love it? Like razors, brushes are different. Your best brush is still probably out there!

Yeah, but you don't know until you try. You'd never tried a synthetic before I gave you one.... and don't you love it? Like razors, brushes are different. Your best brush is still probably out there!
I do love that synth you gave me. This is all your fault. I was a single soap, single blade, no aftershave kinda guy. You've ruined my minimalist-ness. But I do thank you for it.

Back