The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

How Many Aftershaves in the cabinet ???

Ozark.flyflinger

Shave Newbie
My aftershave collection has grown to 19
I like them all, wife thinks i need to thin the herd. I let her know I use them in rotation.
She thinks I have a problem …..
I let her know this is one of the finer points in shaving. What say you ?

How many in your collection ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fraghead acquisition disorder will admit to about 2 months of a rotation, and that’s 3 years in, with 2021 being a No Buy year of any shaving gear/products. I’ve added 3 purchased, 1 PIF’d (w/2 extra samples) already in 2022…..

However…..it pales in comparison to the Christmas Village AD that wifey has (or plants, or used to be shoes). If it says anything, she thinks I need to buy a scale model train set now for the village :oops:

So…..just hope to equal it out. Besides, as long as it’s all fragrances she likes…..bonus.

I like them all, wife thinks i need to thin the herd. I let her know I use them in rotation.

I have approximately 75 aftershaves excluding duplicates and around 30 balms. I guess it’s not too crazy, for collecting for over 10 years.

The only aftershaves I will never let run out are Speick, Pitralon classic, skin bracer, Aqua Velva, and Prorasso green. Balms, take them or leave them, but Lisa’s Natiral Herbal Creations and Nivea cooling are there if I need them.

Just wait until @Spider @BarberDave @Scuttlesoap @MarkB @churchilllafemme stop by, I own nothing by comparison.

Also, collect what you like as long as it brings you joy! It’s in our nature, like father like son.

I have approximately 75 aftershaves excluding duplicates and around 30 balms. I guess it’s not too crazy, for collecting for over 10 years.

The only aftershaves I will never let run out are Speick, Pitralon classic, skin bracer, Aqua Velva, and Prorasso green. Balms, take them or leave them, but Lisa’s Natiral Herbal Creations and Nivea cooling are there if I need them.

Just wait until @Spider @BarberDave @Scuttlesoap @MarkB @churchilllafemme stop by, I own nothing by comparison.

Also, collect what you like as long as it brings you joy! It’s in our nature, like father like son.

Actually, Matt, I have 43 splash aftershaves and just 2 balms.

..... you mean "Cabinets"? and each shelf having a specific brand? LOL...... OK.... ALOT, LOL

I lost my sense of smell for a while last year (COVID), and when it started to return, I ordered a bunch of Razorock aftershave splashes. Five bottles I think. One of them was The Emperor which is supposed to be an Aventus dupe ( not that I’ve ever smelled Aventus), and the others have uplifting names like Plague Doctor and XXX. I already had a half bottle each of Guerlain Vetiver and Terre d’Homme but could only vaguely smell them so they’re collecting dust.

Anyway, not long ago a couple of very pretty young neighbourhood girls were helping my wife with her cake business when I walked into the kitchen after my morning shave, having liberally splashed myself with Emperor aftershave. “Oh oh, Daddy Joe smell like candy store” one of them quipped, and they fell about giggling.

Out of a probably misguided sense of embarrassment, I’ve never used any of the Razorock splashes since, and decided to treat myself to some “real” frags. Now I’ve got some Saponificio Vareniso Desert Vetiver and 70th Anniversary aftershaves which have amazing face feel even in the very humid weather we have in the Philippines. My wife loves it too. Some other splashes are on the way.

Well, yesterday we went on our daily late afternoon ramble along the dusty village paths where we live. It’s more of a social thing than exercise as we stop a lot to chat and laugh with neighbours, and we’re often given local produce…mangoes, a pineapple or coconut sometimes, papaya, winter melon, etc. I had topped up with a little SV aftershave because I’m enjoying it so much, and on one of out stops a young neighbour sidled up to me and gave me a flirty finger slide on my back. It may have been my Tom Cruise aviator shades but I like to think it was the aftershave.

Encouraged by this, I’ve just ordered some Davidoff Cool Water and Club De Nuit Intense. Life is good. :)

Last edited:

I only have 14 or 15 Aftershaves and maybe 4 or 5 balms and I feel like my AS game has been very weak over the years. 19 does not sound excessive at all. Carry on and keep adding new ones.

I have just 2, Booster Polar Ice for warm weather and Lucky Tiger AS for cold weather. I never got bitten by the AS or fragrance bug.

Back