The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Holy Black Ultimate Creeper?

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
Hey Guys,

1633021154021.png

I just watched the explanatory video about the new Holy Black Ultimate Creeper. I'm curious if anyone else is going to pick this one up. According to the video it is only Menthol/Synthetic Menthol scented and the soap is a soft soap, more of a cream. It has a very 1980's theme, which also attracts me and even comes with a pair of Max Headroom glasses. I'm interested because I'm a Menthol addict, but some of you know how I feel about THB.

Thoughts??

Here is the link to the Instagram video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUaii2TDOnp/

Looks like it is released tomorrow night, 10/01/2021 at 8pm Eastern time.

Hey Guys,

View attachment 62422

I just watched the explanatory video about the new Holy Black Ultimate Creeper. I'm curious if anyone else is going to pick this one up. According to the video it is only Menthol/Synthetic Menthol scented and the soap is a soft soap, more of a cream. It has a very 1980's theme, which also attracts me and even comes with a pair of Max Headroom glasses. I'm interested because I'm a Menthol addict, but some of you know how I feel about THB.

Thoughts??

Here is the link to the Instagram video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUaii2TDOnp/

Looks like it is released tomorrow night, 10/01/2021 at 8pm Eastern time.
I do dig the 80’s theme!

Like you, I LOVE menthol and actually think the smell of a heavily mentholated soap is AWESOME. So their idea is intriguing to me but for my money I would be all about getting some Chiseled Face cryogen (if he still makes it?), that one has the scent, feel and performance I love.
I never bought into the themed stuff THB has done BUT I think they have been very creative and applaud them for that.

I like menthol. But can't go to heavy on it.

I remember buying some Queen Charlotte's soap that was heavily mentholated. It was so strong that I was shedding tears while trying to shave with it.

Now days I just keep a bottle of Stirling's menthol drops around and add them to my loaded brush or aftershave splash for a menthol blast.

I do like the 80's throwback look of the bottle. But I'll pass on purchasing it.

I like menthol. But can't go to heavy on it.

I remember buying some Queen Charlotte's soap that was heavily mentholated. It was so strong that I was shedding tears while trying to shave with it.

Now days I just keep a bottle of Stirling's menthol drops around and add them to my loaded brush or aftershave splash for a menthol blast.

I do like the 80's throwback look of the bottle. But I'll pass on purchasing it.

Vostok. I still have some, it’s great.
I remember this one! I had a sample back in the day and it was FREEZING COLD!

Back