The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hi from washington state

Steve207

Shave Newbie
Hi i'm new here but not new to wet shaving

Yes i'm a disabled shaver with cmt muscler dystrophy the muscles don't always work the way there so post to also the nerves aren't the best ether lol so there is muscle weakness so heavy razors and me don't get along so well so yeah i have a couple no wait scratch that a few de razors now and couple of se razor no wait more than that one is a cart and a... Couple os twin carts I've been trying again because my hands shake and twitch enough that i have problems holding onto the others and keeping the right angle to it i really have to pay attention and move slowly i mean very slowly to do it one year i was shaving when i lost my grip on my de it just came out of my hand and i cot it again but at such an angle well i cot near my arteries and it lift a deep cut not too deep took a while to heal i was also just unwrapping my injector razor when first got it just holding it i lost my grip on it it fell to the floor sorry this is so long gents and gals butt chris one of the owners said when i join to tell my story to you guys in the newbie part so you guy know more about me thanks.

Welcome to the Cadre. We talk about lots of different topic here, jump in and join the conversations. Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard Steve.

Some years back, I recall a gent that suffered from tremors in his hands that negatively affected his ability to use shaving tools of his preference.

Below is a link to a product that he liked very much due to the blade having guards and the fact that it had a pivoting head to control shave angles for him. It is a single blade cartridge type razor that comes at a low cost.

It may be something you wish to look at for those days you find extra challenging.

Howdy and welcome! Hope you find this a good place to hang out. As was mentioned we have a couple of members that have struggled with the same type of issues. Always great to have recommendations or just a sympathetic ear.

Welcome to the forum my friend! We are just a bunch of friends here who enjoy a lot of the same stuff! Glad to have you!

Welcome aboard Steve.

Some years back, I recall a gent that suffered from tremors in his hands that negatively affected his ability to use shaving tools of his preference.

Below is a link to a product that he liked very much due to the blade having guards and the fact that it had a pivoting head to control shave angles for him. It is a single blade cartridge type razor that comes at a low cost.

It may be something you wish to look at for those days you find extra challenging.

Thanks bill i my have give this a shot that and the uno single edge cart made Montana but thank you

Welcome to The Cadre! One DE you might look into is a Vintage Wilkinson Sticky. It has a rubberized grip that makes it easier to hold onto.

Welcome Steve, happy to have you here.
You've told us a bit about the razor(s) you have used and plan to use going forward BUT you haven't told us anything about your favorite soaps, brushes and aftershaves...we LOVE to hear about those things.

A big welcome to any Steve's. We Steve's have to stick together.......you'll find we're out numbered by Dave's

Back