The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hi from Boise

Labrecque24

Jr. Shave Member
Hi Gents,

Long time wet shaver, but new to the forum.
Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Currently eyes are wandering at Saponificio Varesino stuff.... right now I have stuff from PAA, B&M, Mike's and Caties Bubbles - but SV seems to be held in very high regard.

Have a great day!
Tom

Hi Tom! Welcome to one of the coolest corners of the interwebs! We have a bunch of fun with our shave of the day photos and member shaving videos. We have weekly and bi-weekly zoom video calls(video not mandatory) a game night and the Sunday get together. Hope to see you posting soon!

Which is your favorite Barrister and Mann? I really like Barrister and Mann's Fougere Gothique and Mike's Lavendar.

Best wishes,

Matt

Welcome! Lots to see, read, and get involved with here. We're much more than just a wet shaving forum. I'm here for the camaraderie more than anything else. We have so much fun. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly forums. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster , @Scuttlesoap

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Hi Tom! Welcome to one of the coolest corners of the interwebs! We have a bunch of fun with our shave of the day photos and member shaving videos. We have weekly and bi-weekly zoom video calls(video not mandatory) a game night and the Sunday get together. Hope to see you posting soon!

Which is your favorite Barrister and Mann? I really like Barrister and Mann's Fougere Gothique and Mike's Lavendar.

Best wishes,

Matt
Matt,

I only have Nordost and Seville. Prefer Seville.
I tried a sample of the most recent Sandalwood - not a huge fan.
Have been wondering about the Fougere offerings, but have not had an opportunity.

I only have Mike's Barbershop. Really like that scent.

Best,
Tom

Not a brush hound. 2 badgers and 2 synthetics.

Razors... I have a handful.
I love my Rex razors and am also a RazoRock fan.
I'm using my RR Super Slant the most these days... likely because it's the newest addition.

How about you, Brian?
I am a stainless steel razor freak - I love them heavy! REX makes fantastic ones - I have their Ambassador and their Konsul. Brushes - I have a few but it’s the razors that I focus on.

I am a stainless steel razor freak - I love them heavy! REX makes fantastic ones - I have their Ambassador and their Konsul. Brushes - I have a few but it’s the razors that I focus on.
I also have the Konsul and Ambassador.
For RR it's the Lupo and Super Slant (multiple plates for both)
I also have a black Rockwell 6S - but don't reach for that much. Shaves fine, just not as attracted to it for whatever reason.
Plus an iKon B1 DLC slant - but that's on loan to a buddy and he may take that off my hands.

I also have the Konsul and Ambassador.
For RR it's the Lupo and Super Slant (multiple plates for both)
I also have a black Rockwell 6S - but don't reach for that much. Shaves fine, just not as attracted to it for whatever reason.
Plus an iKon B1 DLC slant - but that's on loan to a buddy and he may take that off my hands.
You definitely have your whiskers covered with some top notch razors. Ikon is a great razor that doesn’t get a lot of press on the shave sites.

Matt,

I only have Nordost and Seville. Prefer Seville.
I tried a sample of the most recent Sandalwood - not a huge fan.
Have been wondering about the Fougere offerings, but have not had an opportunity.

I only have Mike's Barbershop. Really like that scent.

Best,
Tom
I don't have any of those offerings, I suppose I always have room for growth :ROFLMAO:

You definitely have your whiskers covered with some top notch razors. Ikon is a great razor that doesn’t get a lot of press on the shave sites.
True with respect to the iKons. Possibly because they are made overseas.
The Super Slant works better for me than the B1 DLC, so I am happy to lend to friends to see if it would improve their shaves.

Welcome Tom! Glad you could join in!

Razorock is a great outfit! Always good offerings and good prices! I love my GC .68 SB on their barber pole handle!

Freak is putting it mildly, I’m not sure there is a stainless razor which he doesn’t own 😆

Back